Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Promotion or no-motion

daily_viewer
Contributor
Contributor

Promotion or no-motion

Message 1 of 2
(749 Views)

I am a Verizon FiOS customer for about 2 years now. I jumped on when the service became available in my neighborhood. I was more than pleased to dump my Cox phone, Cox Internet, Dish TV and AT&T long distance into a triple play bundle. It makes sence and works very well for me and my wife. I am also a techo geek with a life time background in the AV industry. I live for 1080p!

So why am I here? It's the little things that tweek me, and hopefully a big company like Verizon will take notice and makes improvements in the promotions department.

Let me take you back in time, to Thanksgiving week 2014. I get an email from FiOS about a great holiday promotion. Since I was coming up on my 2 year aniversary and my original deal was to expire, I could renew, and upgrade to the 100 hour 12 channel DVR, upgrade to the Ultimate HD channel package, upgrade to the Ulimate Entertainment package ( pay per view movie channels, which I typically don't do ) for about $30 more dollars a month. Good. But wait, there is more... PLUS...the BONUS of a free LG Tablet, and I quote "Available only for new or existing FiOS customers who install new FiOS TV and / or Internet service, upgrade to FiOS Quantum Internet service or faster Quantum internet speed by 12/1/2014". Coupon will be sent. They qualify the coupon with internet service, but the promo was target for TV upgrade and renewal. 

I'm no laywer, but I did read "...existing FiOS customers who install new FiOS TV..."  I think I qualify. Kinda,... and this will be my first tablet. I know, AV guy doesn't own a tablet. I like my screens big, not small, and I also like mature technology. Not a MAC fan either, so this intrigues me. I want it.

I do everything required to a tee. Install the new gear, activate immediatley and turn the old gear in within 48 hours. 

A month goes by and it's Christmas time, my automated bill has been paid for my upgraded services. I want my gift! Sadly, no Coupon. I makes some calls and spend some time educating the Verizon reps on the promo...I finally get transfered to a more seasoned rep who tactfuly encourages me to be patient a bit more.  I wait a another week or two and I'm getting anxious, because the bonus coupon must be presented by 2/2/2015 at my local Verizon wireless store. I call again for another round. No coupon. Round 3 comes and goes. This time I get to talk to a nice young lady in promotions...'Some one will call me by the end of the week'. No call. No coupon. I guess I didn't qualify.

I break down, log onto my wireless account and purchase an LG tablet with a 2 year contract. It shows up, works like a champ.  

Now for the punch line. 

Today is the 23rd of Feb 2015. Guess what I got in the mail today?! Yup. The Coupon. Postmarked 17 Feb 2015. And as stated in the original invitation " Take this certificate to any participating Verizon Wireless store by 2/2/2015 to get your tablet" Seems like that was 2 weeks too late!

I really enjoy FiOS and the technical quality of service.  The promotions department though, needs some help. 

1 REPLY 1
johnnynew2u
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Promotion or no-motion

Message 2 of 2
(707 Views)

The coupon I received for said tablet(which I had no intentions of using because I didn't want to ink a 2 year wireless contract too) I believe  was actually dated to expire on December 31 2014 , I received it in January of 2015 . I guess they were just kidding, ha ha try to cash in this it was already expired when it was sent . I'm with you on the promotions department being a little out of touch with the rest of the company . Sadly it looks like they are dropping the ball on a lot of customers from the looks of these forums . I'm sure they will get it right I know they are sooo much better than the other big company.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title