Property Damage
apollo234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello-

My property has an easement to Verizon as they install new lines to the community.

Recently and often, the contractors will enter my property (as is their legal right).  They have never communicated why they are on my property or how long they will be there.  They have strayed from the easement land often, but since it is helping myself and the community it has never been an issue.

However, at the end of last month, the contractors on site decided to enter my back yard and opend my my back gate. I watched as they were working in the area around the gate, and as they left, they did not bother to close it.  Rude, but since they returned the next day I figured I would let it slide.  They have not returned for about a week, so I went out to close the wooden gate to find they had brooken the gate! They ripped the hinges off the post, meaning I need to replace both the post and the gate.  Verizon needs to pay for this damage, and I need to know what to do.  Please help!  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Property Damage
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi apollo234,

You should contact Verizon Support at 1-800-VERIZON to report the damage to your property.

View solution in original post

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi apollo234,

You should contact Verizon Support at 1-800-VERIZON to report the damage to your property.

Property Damage Unresolved and Ignored!
apollo234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I posted here about property damage and got the quality tip to contact 1-800-Verizon.  I have done so, but I have received no help.  My ticket has been referred to various departments, I was given the direct phone number to the Local Area Manager (who never called me back), I was referred to another Regional Manager (who never contacted me), and I have even closed that ticket to start a new ticket to get someone to help.

What can I do to get Verizon to help fix property damage from one of their contractors?  No one will contact me or help me move forward.

0 Likes
apollo234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you - I have done so.  However, I have called more than 6 times to get something going, and nothing has happened.  Please see my new post or message me if you can help!

0 Likes
Re: Property Damage Unresolved and Ignored!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes