Property damage caused during upgrade install
JCNetwork2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded my internet speed. On 3/16/2020, a Verizon tech drilled a hole through an interior wall to snake a wire through. After he left I noticed that we can hear dripping every time we flushed the upstairs toilet. I called Verizon to file a complaint and was told that a supervisor will call me within 24 hours. No one has called me. I have called again. Meanwhile a basement wall below this drilled hole is being saturated and the water broke through last night. An electrical outlet on this wall is sizzling; probably wet. Every time we need to flush, the damage is increasing. What do I do now? Please help me. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Property damage caused during upgrade install
jonjones1
Legend

First I would get someone to repair the existing damage. Your home owners insurance I believe covers this. Secondly verizon is going to not respond unless you file a claim against them and you know where to do that.

thirdly notify your local authorities of the situation since they may have a better number to reach them. 

but get the damaged fixed quickly as I am sure verizon will not pay supplemental costs due to your not letting it get worse and you will have to prove the damage is because of the hole they drilled.

best of luck

Re: Property damage caused during upgrade install
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JCNetwork2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.