Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Quantum Upgrade Mislead

FedupCustomer2
Contributor
Contributor

Quantum Upgrade Mislead

Message 1 of 1
(458 Views)

I went to my local Verizon store in Staten Island, NY on 12/20/14 to pick up my husbands NEW cell phone. While I was there I asked if they had a FIOS representative on site and I was told yes. He came over asked me for my home phone# so he could look up my account. He advised me that he could save me $20.00 per month off my bill and upgrade me to the Quantum package. I said sure sounds like a good deal.On 12/26, I received an estimated of monthly charges for the new upgrade for $40.00 more than I currently paying. I went to the same Verizon store and spoke to Michael {edited for privacy}, Regional Manager, he said he was sorry and would cancel my order and get me upgraded internet for free as a courtesy and would call me back on 12/29 to confirm the cancellation. I didn't here from Michael on Monday, so I called him he said he would call me on Tuesday, 12/30 with the confirmation. He didn't call me on Tuesday, I called him, no answer so I left him a voicemail. No returned call, called him again on Friday, 1/2/15, no returned call. On 1/2/15, I called customer service and spoke to a young woman, I explained my story, she said the only thing she could do was cancel my order and send me a UPS label to return the equipment. On 1/4/15, I now have the Quantum TV channels and my contract has been renewed for another 2 years and after spending over 1 hours on LIVE CHAT with a Verizon rep. I can now send back the equipment but they can not restore my original contract date. I did not ask for any of this, it was offered to me under false pretenses and false information. The only thing I received out of all of this is lies and an additional 2 year contract.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title