Question on the $99 per month for Fio internet, phone service and TV promotion deal.
Emma

Verizon has a promotion recently that sounds pretty intriguing. $99 per month for Fio Internet, TV and phone service.

They also offered $150 back. It all sounds good. However, the $99 monthly fee is guaranteed for two years. My question is how much would the monthly fee increase to when the two years term is up? In addition, it sounds like we would also be charged for a $89 installation fee. I don't if this is true.

Verizon also offered that for just Fio internet service, the monthly fee right now is $42.99. However, this rate is also only locked for one year. The advertisement would not say how much is the monthly fee going to increase to after one year.

Does anyone know about this? I asked the questions to the Verizon salesman who called our house, he insisted that the prices won't change when the two years are up for the bundle deal or one year later for the Fio internet service. But I really don't believe what he said. If the prices are not going to be increased when the terms are up, they why would they specifically note in the ad that the price is guaranteed for two years or for one year.

0 Likes
Re: Question on the $99 per month for Fio internet, phone service and TV promotion deal.
kchristian219
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do your homework....

1. That package does not include FIOS internet...it's for DSL....FIOS is extra ( i made that mistake....and i have the DSL (thinking i was getting FIOS) and the DSL is horrible, but i don't want to pay MORE for FIOS when that's what i was told i was getting to begin with.

2. 99.95 is for 1 tv.  If you have more than 1 TV it costs another 15.00 for a box, and the box only gets you the HD connection, in other words, it does not have the functions of the primary tv box (cannot record or rent movies from DVR)

3. Bundling is a nightmare.

look for other options.

Re: Question on the $99 per month for Fio internet, phone service and TV promotion deal.
emkorial
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told you can "re-up" year to year to get the bunudle pricing, but I don't believe that. You can threaten to leave and see what deal retentions give you, and then hope they actually apply it to your bill.

I have seen around the internet tha the non triple play pricing is around $60 a month more. I have seen a comparison between Comcast and Verizon standard rates and Verizon is more expensive. And comcast is at least decent enough to tell you right on thier web site what thier non promotional charges are.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

The $99 bundle is available with FIOS. 10/2 Internet. Like mine the 20/5 is $109. The two years is to make you feel better about the one year commitment. I have had FIOS since 2005 and have been very happy with the pricing. When the TV package went from Premier to HD Extreme it actually lowered my price by $5. Set top boxes are additional. The Standard is like $6, HD $11, and DVR $16. One thing is the add says order online and save an additional $5 a month. That is probably for a year or two.

Bundle Internet, TV and Home Phone

Get $150 back! See details below.
Order online and save an extra
$5 per month.
Includes:
  • FiOS Internet 10/2 Mbps speed plan
  • FiOS TV Essentials with up to 295 digital channels, including 14 HD channels
  • Unlimited local and long distance calling
I would not do it online. I have the HD Extreme with 20/5 Internet at $109. You can't barter with a computer. But the sales reps can give some deals to get you to commit.
At one time the plan above was down to $79 because it is the Essentials Plan with the slower internet. Get the faster 20/5 and insist on the HD Extreme. Which has the sports and other non HD channels
Message Edited by prisaz on 04-06-2009 08:31 AM
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@kchristian219 wrote:

Do your homework....

1. That package does not include FIOS internet...it's for DSL....FIOS is extra ( i made that mistake....and i have the DSL (thinking i was getting FIOS) and the DSL is horrible, but i don't want to pay MORE for FIOS when that's what i was told i was getting to begin with.

2. 99.95 is for 1 tv.  If you have more than 1 TV it costs another 15.00 for a box, and the box only gets you the HD connection, in other words, it does not have the functions of the primary tv box (cannot record or rent movies from DVR)

3. Bundling is a nightmare.

look for other options.

If FIOS was available at your location I am sure they would have pushed you to switch. Verizon is from what I have read, not offering DSL in FIOS ready locations. And yes the rebate it for FIOS. The DVR is $15 a standard STB is $5. No boxes are included in the bundle price unless perhaps you managed some type of deal.
0 Likes
rspence001
Enthusiast - Level 2

To answer the question about the Installation fee

-Installation is included, and what that includes is hooking up (3) Televisions, and (1) computer, you can pay to have more hooked up by the technician for a price.  It also includes the tech showing you how to use your new set-up before he/she leaves.

-The $99.99/$109.99 is onyl a base price for the service - TV/Internet/Phone, you will have to add set-top boxes on each of the TV's in your home if you wish to view the programming.  the Set-top boxes include

-Home Media DVR       - allows you to have only one DVR for entire house, once recorded, you can send the programs to your other set top boxes                      $19.99/month

-Standard DVR             - Stop, rewind live TV, and record your programs            $15.99/month

-High Def Box                - view HD programming       $9.99/month

-Standard Box               - standard box                    $5.99/month

-Digital Adaptor Box    - limited functions, no on-screen guide, not compatible with Home Media DVR     $3.99/month

These are the prices in FL, prices are not national, they do change depending on your area, so check with your local Verizon agent to get the most accurate pricing for set-top boxes

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
If I'm not mistaken all equipment prices are the same nation wide
0 Likes
shadowmind
Enthusiast - Level 3
The 79.99 instillation fee is waived any time you order a fios bundle. that much i am certain of.
0 Likes