Quoted a price not being honored!!! Currently in Resolution process*
xvanusx

I was quoted online for Verizon FIOS at 74.99 per month for 24 months after ONe Bill and other discounts. At the time One Bill would not work.

I was then told via online chat to just purchase Fios and then work it out on Monday. This I did. I was charged the full $89.99 + tax, no one bill discount no nothing. Then I call to get it resolved. I was told by someone that they would give me a $15 credit, just in case the One Bill does not go through.

Well come my first statement, I had NO one bill, full $89.99, and NO $15 credit like I was told by the representative.

When I called back in, they told me they had NO record of a $15 customer retention credit and that my One Bill discount would only be for 12 months instead of 24.

I have been told "tough luck" by two representatives now. I am beyond mad.

This is sad, I have been a Verizon customer for 14 years since I was 16. I am disgusted at the customer service I am receiving. I have defened Verizon to no end before but NO longer!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Quoted a price not being honored!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi xvanusx

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
xvanusx

I was contacted today (2-10-12) by a supervisor from the online chat department. He said he was able to help my issue, but that we have to wait until the March 1st billing to see if all fixes are put in place correctly.

I wanted to update this forum to reflect the ongoing resolution to give fair credit to those that are working hard on my issue.

I have been contacted via PM here and will reserve judgment on the resolution until after the March 1st billing.

I will be updating this post as needed and will close post as soon as a resolution is made.

Thank you

0 Likes
huthmakerj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can guarentee it wont be fixed on your next bill.  For the last two years I have been quoted different prices from what my actual bill was.

0 Likes
Re: Quoted a price not being honored!!! Currently in Resolution process*
emmyswan

I too am very disappointed and I am in the resolution process.  When I signed up for FIOS in October (having had Verizon wireless since 2002) they informed me that I would get a $10/mo credit for signing up for One-Bill.  Fast forward 5 months and half a dozen emails and phone calls later and the issue has yet to be resolved.  I have gotten multiple answers and various credits but nothing consistent to lead me to believe that this $10/mo. credit will be ongoing without me having to call in each month.  This is disappointing - I have 2 little ones at home and sometimes I wonder if they hope that I will just forget?  $10/mo. means a lot more to me as a mother of 2 (19 mos. and 3 mos) than Verizon - and beyond that - this is what I was told - I just wish that Verizon would honor their word. We have also had multiple problems with FIOS in the past few months as well.  And we are locked in for 2 years.  I WANT to be able to recommend Verizon...but I have spent way too much time with bait and switch it feels like.

-A Disappointed Verizon customer

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@emmyswan wrote:

I too am very disappointed and I am in the resolution process.  When I signed up for FIOS in October (having had Verizon wireless since 2002) they informed me that I would get a $10/mo credit for signing up for One-Bill.  Fast forward 5 months and half a dozen emails and phone calls later and the issue has yet to be resolved.  I have gotten multiple answers and various credits but nothing consistent to lead me to believe that this $10/mo. credit will be ongoing without me having to call in each month.  This is disappointing - I have 2 little ones at home and sometimes I wonder if they hope that I will just forget?  $10/mo. means a lot more to me as a mother of 2 (19 mos. and 3 mos) than Verizon - and beyond that - this is what I was told - I just wish that Verizon would honor their word. We have also had multiple problems with FIOS in the past few months as well.  And we are locked in for 2 years.  I WANT to be able to recommend Verizon...but I have spent way too much time with bait and switch it feels like.

-A Disappointed Verizon customer

0 Likes
CLARK200

I WANT TO KNOW WHY DOES VERIZON SELL'S ITS SERVICES TO THIRD PARTIES LIKE ACN........ BUDDY OF MINE CAME TO MY DOOR AND HE HAD RECENTLY GOT WITH ACN AND GOT A CHEAPER DEAL THAN ME WHY IS THIS????? AND SO YOU GUYS DONT THINK I AM LYING GOTO ACNCLARK.ACNDIRECT.COM AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF......  I CALLED THE REP THE NEXT DAY AND THE REST WAS HISTORY SMH.. FIO'S YOU GIVE THIRD PARTIES BETTER DEALS THAN YOU CSR REPS AND YET HOLD THEM TO SALES METRICSSmiley Surprised

0 Likes
Vannote
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had this problem also.

I just had to change my service as the former "price" was discontinued.

My question is, Why can't I get a follow up e-mail that shows what the agent and me decided on? You have recorded phone conversation or a transcript of the conversation, why not send it to me so that I have proof of what was quoted?

If your next bill or your future bills do not show the "Quoted price" on it, you have no way of proving what was said on the phone.

This tactic is scamming . IMO

dturgeon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add another member to the club.

I was on Brighthouse with a guaranteed price until November, paying $138 a month for 2 DVRs with Showtime and TMC, phone + internet. Now after being lied to and sold a package at a price that isn't being honored I can't even get my Brighthouse deal back.

When I told the sales person what I was paying with Brighthouse she sold me on the Ultimate Package with a Free DVR for life, plus a second box, and the Ultimate TV package and my bill would only go up about $10. Then after the taxes (which are higher than Brighthouse's for some reason) I find out it's going to be about $17 higher. Ok, I can live with that because I'm also getting a free $500 visa gift card.

I get my account estimate and it shows a price of $165. I call the salegirl and she assures me that it is only that high because of the $10 a month installation charge for the first 3 months. So boom....my regular bill should be $155. $17 higher, just what I was quoted.

Get me first bill and it's for $201 (which includes $36 in charges for a week's additional service and the $10 installation fee)....wait, so my bill is going to be $165 a month? That's not what I was sold. So I call a representative and he tells me the free DVR for life expired in 2010, and the only thing he can do to fix the problem is to offer me the Free DVR for one year (saving me $28 a month for 12 months before I have to pay the full price again) but I won't get my Visa giftcard.

So...now I am screwed over because I can't get back what I had, and Verizon is accepting no responsibility even though IT WAS THEIR SALESPERSON. I didn't even want to increase my package because we don't need half of the channels we even get....so the guy tells me I can reduce my package, lose all of the premium channels and save $15 a month....so STILL more than I had been paying Brighthouse.

This is a load of crap.

Vannote
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you get it in writing. NO

Did they send you an email confirming what they sold to you. NO

0 Likes