Really? U decide to test the Emergency Alert System @ 7:50pm?
mosescj58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know who kicks these things off, but after watcing NASCAR Nationwide Qualifying for 1:20mins you pop on the EAS message up during the 5 min final qualification run... missed the whole thing!   That is what your designated commercial time is for!  I know the EAS is important but come on, you can 'test' the system just as easy at midnight as you can during the day.    I know you don't value FOX Sports as you've ignored the many requests to offer Fox Sports 2 in HD but rather provide it down-converted to a rather poor quasi - SD feed, but a little customer focus couldn't hurt your business model.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Really? U decide to test the Emergency Alert System @ 7:50pm?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't decide.  Your local, state, or national authority decides and verizon automatically sends it.  This is a little different from the local TV stations that can pick a time for test signals within a small window and send it.  Essentially there is no time that Verizon could pick that wouldn't be bad for some channel so they  send it as soon as they get it.  Remember for VERIZON its across all the channels.