Refer A Friend - Good luck getting any promotions from Verizon
idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is an email that was sent.

As of now they have not responded.  All I have to say is that it should not take up so much time on hold or explaining situation to so many different people, VZ customer service is a JOKE when it comes to knowing anything about the promotions and following through with dispersing gift cards in a timely manner.

Greetings,

I am inquiring about the “Refer A Friend” program.

I “Referred A Friend” and to date neither myself or the friend I referred have received any communication with respect to this program.

Here is the timeline:

On January 26th an online order was placed using the “Refer A Friend” code and order number {edited for privacy} was created.

Installation for order number {edited for privacy} was completed on Feb 08, 2020.

Waited for the 65 days to receive the gift card and received nothing, neither of us.

On Monday April 13th I called customer service, after being on hold for about 1 hour, they were unable to assist, they transferred me to the “rewards group”.  I was informed at this time that we were exactly at the 65 day mark so give it another week and if no information is received give a call back.

As of Tuesday April 21st there was still no communication, I started the phone calls again. 

I started with the “rewards group” and they assisted me with the 2 other promotions stating that they should have been available on the dashboard when signing in to my account but they were not.   They were not able to assist with the “Refer A Friend” program.  They transferred me to another group that I was told would be able to help with the issues, I was transferred to “technical support”, they were clueless as I would expect them to be, “technical support” transferred me to another group which I left my number for a call back.  The call back happened this morning, and it was “customer support”, which stated they could not help, and directed me to a website.  While on the website, I could not find any information how to contact anyone, so I used the chat box, which was not specific to the Refer A Friend webpage, so it was once again “customer support”

So I would like this issue resolved, I have spent too many hours between being on hold, talking to multiple representatives, and in multiple chat sessions with folks that are either incompetent or clueless of Verizon’s promotions.  For a communications company you are pathetic, your products are good, the installation was perfect, technical support is good when I have a technical question but from the business side you are pathetic and if needing to deal with this part of the company frequently other providers will be sought out.

For this installation there was to be a total of $400.00 worth of gift cards that were due, 1 - $100.00 for the gigabit connection; 1 - $100.00 for the Most TV package; 1 - $100.00 for the Refer A Friend program as the “giver”; and 1 $100.00 for the receiver of the Refer A Friend program.  Not one of these gift cards came as they should.  The gift cards for the gigabit Ethernet and Most TV package have seemed to be resolved,  just need to wait 5 -7 weeks to receive the cards.  Maybe for some $400.00 is pocket change but not for all.

Now I am just looking to you to resolve the Refer A Friend program, thank you for the resolution of this issue.

If any additional information is needed, please let me know.

0 Likes
Re: Refer A Friend - Good luck getting any promotions from Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi idiot_wind,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes