Re: Refunds From Verizon
avacom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Aint gonna happen ... You will never get any refund from Verizon even if they promised one. They consistently lie. Good luck.

dcampas
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am having the same problem currently.  Funny thing is I have contacted Verizon 4 times and got 4 different answers. Train your people to know your product or else in the long run your business will fail.  P.S. Quit downloading bloat ware to your smartphones.  Those apps are terrible and a ripoff.

0 Likes
dcampas
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do what I did.  Cancel the substandard customer service that Verizon gives and download movies in wifi hotspots. My cable FIOS bill was different every single month and they even had me billed for services I never ordered.  Trust me, since I cancelled my service with Verizon my life has pretty much been headache free. I do not miss fios one bit. Problem solved.

maxxversace
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Reddawg:

I have been waitng four months for my refund. I wonder how Verizon would like it if i waited four months to pay their bill???

Let's ban together and put a stop to this nonsense!!!

Maxx

maxxversace
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really???? Are you serious???

Just asking because I paid my bill in full then canceled my service, and now they owe me $43.00 which is chump change to them, but one week's worth of gas to get to work for me.

Thanks for listening.

Maxx

0 Likes
maxxversace
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is a new one--I received an email from Verizon customer support indicating that they "electronically credited" my account for the $42.00 refund they owe me. Funny thing is--my bank account DOES NOT allow credits from sources other than my employer. What other stories does Verizon have to keep my money???? Thanks for listening.

0 Likes
TiredofVZ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a ridiculously difficult time trying to get a refund from Verizon for my cancelled TV/internet service.  They have owed me $103.08 for over two months, and it has been a real saga trying to get it from them.  They sent me two "final invoices" for -$103.08, but no information on how to get the credit balance refunded.  I called, went to online chat, and called again, and finally was told that I would be receiving a pre-paid Mastercard in the mail.  Sure enough, I received an email a few days later from Verizon saying my refund had been processed and they are mailing a prepaid credit card to the following address: ........  And the address field was blank.  So I called the CS number listed on the email to make sure they had the correct address.  They took my address and assured me a card would be mailed in 7-10 days.  I received the card today with instructions on how to activate.  That was an exercise in customer service hell - I was transferred from department to department and finally was told that they had CANCELLED my refund card when I called to provide the correct address!  Trying to get them to activate the card in my hand was futile.  They kept repeating the same thing over and over and were very rude  - as if it was my fault for trying to ensure the address on the account was correct!?  Now, they assure me a new card will be issued but I will have to wait another "7 to 10 business days."   Why can't Verizon just MAIL A CHECK once your equipment has been returned, like a legitimate business that truly cares about customers?  Why is it so hard to get a refund from you, Verizon?  I went through an even worse scenario when I canceled my wireless account several years ago - it took me over two years (and a Better Business Bureau complaint) to get the $$ they owed me.  I will NEVER do business with Verizon again, I will wean myself from cable like many of my friends.  I realize I sound a little crazy here.... but they've driven me to it! 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes