Regarding "Early Termination Fee"
Richter12x2

Since the other topic on this website that comes up when you search for this is closed, I felt this needed to be amended before anyone else believes what Customer Service promises them.  If you find the thread that ended in 2010, it no longer applies, apparently.

I recently moved and when I called Verizon to move service, I was told that service wasn't available, but that if I had FIOS service and moved to a non-FIOS area, then I wouldn't be charged an Early Termination fee.  I just spent the last hour and a half on the phone with billing and the billing supervisor (Carly) who said that the Terms of Service explicitly stated that the fee couldn't be waived for any reason.  We both looked up the terms of service while I was on the phone and we couldn't find anything about it.  Carly said that it was added in the last year and that "we can change whatever fees they want without notifying customers".  She acted like the whole thing was a great inconvenience to her.

The closest it said was that if the contract was terminated due to violation of terms and services, then an ETF would be charged, but also said that Verizon may waive fees at their election. Additionally, my supposedly contracted rate went up by more than $25 a month to the non-contract rate 2 months before we moved. By my way of thinking, I tried to keep Verizon's service and they were unable to provide it, so perhaps THEY should pay ME an early cancellation fee.

I won't lie, the service they provided was great, but after this experience, I'll most likely never use Verizon again, and would definitely caution anyone considering them regarding their customer service, random unannounced price increases and promises that they refuse to deliver on.

0 Likes
Re: Regarding "Early Termination Fee"
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Regarding "Early Termination Fee"
misskitty3
Enthusiast - Level 1

They can waive any fee or charge they want.  They use to be really great about this and it is why I have stayed with them over 25 years.  Actually I'm a Verizon lifer as my parents were loyal Verizon customers from way back.

Ive had problems recently too with them sticking me with high early term fees on stuff that they chose to replace when my network was clearly being hacked.  The new devices didn't stop the data hackers and naturally "Apple" told me that I needed to be hard wired.  Which I did.  I went from Verizon wireless device to Verizon home internet hard wired and it's like I left the company all together.  Like I'm suppose to stay using a device that puts me at huge risk of ID theft?  Their device didn't work.  It's not my choice to have that happen.  I'm ready to just cut cell phones and the computer.  My life was much better and I had a lot more time and money.

0 Likes