Relocating verizon cables & installing new poles
gabrielij
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am in Rockville Centre, NY (Nassau county). I would like to build an inground pool in my yard. However, there are verizon & electric cables running through my backyard that need to be relocated. The electric company already came and said they can move the cables but Verizon need to install new poles and also move verizon cables. One important note is that verizon cables are currently touching the side of my house, which is a hazard especially when we have high wind gusts. Relocating the wires will eliminate this hazard too. 

Here is the survey with needed changes.

How do we proceed? I would like to take care of it sooner rather than later, before the end of spring. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Relocating verizon cables & installing new poles
jonjones1
Legend

http://www.dps.ny.gov 

this state agency can get you the service you want. They regulate Verizon and since Verizon charges a surcharge for the sole purpose of moving poles and lines etc. at $2.49 per month on our invoices the Department of Public Service will get you in touch with Verizon escalations. Give them a phone number you can be reached at immediately. Verizon does call you pretty quickly.

the agency has a toll free number to call and get assistance.

calling 1-800-VERIZON may get you help but I would not bother. 

gabrielij
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@gabrielijwrote:

thank you!

Glad to assist 😀

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may have to pay for this service.

From what I read, the fee they charge is to help them recover the cost of moving lines and/or poles due to municipal road work.

And there is ltitle to no danger for phone lies touching your house.

It is either low voltage copper wires or fiber.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

You may have to pay for this service.

From what I read, the fee they charge is to help them recover the cost of moving lines and/or poles due to municipal road work.

And there is ltitle to no danger for phone lies touching your house.

It is either low voltage copper wires or fiber.

@THE fee they charge “millions of customers @$2.49 per month” is billions of dollars a year. I would love to have that money. I can replace every pole in the state of New York for that surcharge. I would love to receive any invoice for that work. I would fathom a guess the Public Service Commission or NYS Attorney Generals Office would find it amusing as well. We in NY pay more than we should with all these bogus fees and surcharges. Time to reign all these companies in and hold them accountable.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So this appears why PSC hasn't done anything:

From dslreports forum

When I filed a complaint the PSC got me in touch with a lady in the executive office that said Verizon can charge it on internet, tv and television because the PSC has no jurisdiction over it. So it was confirmed by New York State and greedy below the line bottom feeders as another gotcha.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The point your missing as in the link I previously gave you is “the Public Service Commission stated in verizons request for a Surcharge was DENIED as a cost for doing business” however Verizon then added that bogus surcharge on FIBER customers in New York because no agreements cover the FIBER side.

so finding there are no agreements covering the situation the Verizon Communications then decided to pad their pockets at subscribers expense, and then not move or repair their poles.

and you will note from your post quoting DSL Reports, the post was referring to the PSC getting the customer in touch with Verizon’s executive escalations which stated “the charge/surcharge” valid until the agreements are modified.

Nothing in the post was inaccurate. Customer called PSC in Albany and then received quick service. 

And the money collected which is in the gazillions of dollars is not actually being used for the moving and replacing of poles. So it’s yet another bogus charge on the consumer.

0 Likes