Removal of unused GTE telephone pole (GTE was acquired by Verizon)
RobChapman1

Hello,

A home I recently purchased in Durham, NC has a unused telephone pole marked "GTE" in it's front yard that I would like removed.   My assumption is that with Verizon's acquisition of GTE this pole belongs to Verizon.  The pole has no wires of any sort attached to it.

I've had two conversations with Verizon representatives.   The first representative steadfastly argued that GTE was never acquired by Verizon and that the pole was not theirs.   The second representative agreed that the pole was indeed Verizon's and stated that it would be removed within the week-  that was 6 weeks ago and the pole remains.   My feelings are that I must not be speaking to the right people at Verizon.  

Does anyone have any advice on who to contact with regards to removing this pole?

Much thanks   -Rob

0 Likes
Re: Removal of unused GTE telephone pole (GTE was acquired by Verizon)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RobChapman,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Removal of unused GTE telephone pole (GTE was acquired by Verizon)
Niloc716

Hello,

I am having the EXACT same issue and would like to figure out how to handle it. Obviously I don't know where this other guy lived, so I need you to help verify who I need to talk to in order to take care of this.

Thanks

0 Likes