Remove Old Utility Pole
ssculp1

Hello,

A couple years ago I contacted my electric provider about a hazardous pole next to our home. The concern was that it could fall and kids walk up and down the street daily.

The electric provider said that it was a VERIZON utility pole and that this should be directed to them.

After a year of trying to get someone at Verizon to do something they (with other neighbors also calling VERIZON too) They finally installed the new pole and said that they will remove once all utility providers transfer their lines. About a month or two ago my electric provider transferred their line which was the last remaining line to be transferred. I contacted VERIZON to let them know the old pole can now be removed.

I have created multiple tickets regarding this issue. Every time  they open the ticket and then call dispatch and then close the ticket and nothing happens. One VERIZON rep said it could take a year before they do anything. (Its already been more then that and something needs to be done). Here are photos of pole before they installed the new pole. 

imageimage

Now not only is the old pole still there but the stones from the new pole hole are all over the sidewalk and road. (Again I say kids walk this daily and stones are kicked near parked vehicles)

**Also, why do we as homeowners need to be the middle person when dealing with these types of issues. Shouldn't the town borough and verizon work on this together?

0 Likes
Re: Remove Old Utility Pole
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi ssculp,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes