Renewal Ripoff
sanderst

I have been a FIOS customer for over 8 years. My contract recently was up for renewal. I called Verizon on 11/25/2015 and told them I would be interested in possibly renewing my contract, the only change I wanted was a Internet speed upgrade, I wanted to keep my TV package and landline the same.

The Verizon rep said she fully understood and that she could upgrade my internet from 35/35 to 75/75 and that the entire package would be costing me $20 less per month than I am currently paying. I asked her if this would be $20 less per month for 24 months, she said yes it would be. I then agreed to the deal and she said she would be sending me a billing estimate. I received the billing estimate and it showed I would be paying $20 less for the first three months and then $30 more per month the remaining 21 months. 

I immediately called Verizion back and the new rep told me that she understood my problem and that it was their mistake and that she would put me in for a monthly credit for 24 months. She said the credit needed her supervisors approval and that I would receive an approval email on 11/27. She also said she would send me an email with her contact info in case I had any concerns about this. I have emailed the Verizon rep four times about this, each time I get no response back.

I called Verzion four times in the last three weeks (multiple Verizon reps) and they keep telling me it is pending approval and that it should approved the next week. The next week comes, and I get the same story all over again!

I would have never agreed to renew my contract if I knew the were going to charge me $30 more per month for 24 months

I feel like I was ripped off and nobody from Verizon will address this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Renewal Ripoff
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes