Renewing 2 year contract
benzboy4291

So my contract ends in 4 days and I called and did an online chat and got quoted the same price from both reps to renew. I asked about matching what Time Warner Cable (Spectrum) is offering, they don't do that. I asked to offer me what they are offering new customers, they said no. Why would I want to renew for another 2 years at a higher price than I am paying now? It just doesn't make sense to me. It's like they are forcing me to close this account and either switch to cable or just re-open another fios account in my spouses name. Why do they have to make it so difficult. 

If anyone is curious I have:

50/50 Internet

Extreme TV

Home Phone

Quantum DVR service

2 DVR's. 

for a quote of $193.00 a month with a renewal. 

0 Likes
Re: Renewing 2 year contract
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's not uncommon amongst service providers.

You will almost never get the same prioce as a new customer.

Advantage of a contract is that they can't raise the price of services (although equipment and fees can change).

The price you list, is that for everything including taxes and fees?

Or is that added on top?

I assume when you say Quantum with 2 DVR you are emaning you have the top Quantum package that gives 12 tuners?

Did you look online to see if you can make any other changes to see if you can save money?

0 Likes
Re: Renewing 2 year contract
benzboy4291

Yes the price is all in, tax included.

Yes top quantum that let's you record 12 programs.

Yes I looked online theres nothing more I can do, online is more than what they are offering over the phone. 

0 Likes