Responses to Abuse reports
nhorman

Hello-

I'm not a verizon customer, but over the past several months I've encountered numerous attempts to break into my home system via ssh using brute force password guessing.  I've traced back the offending ip addresses in each case to be owned by verizon.  I've reported the abuse to verizon during each incident (using the abuse@verizon.com addres listed in the whois database), but heve not once ever received any feedback from that address.  Can someone from verizon please at least confirm receipt of these incident logs and confirm that some action is being taken against the offenders?

Thanks and Regards

Neil

0 Likes
Re: Responses to Abuse reports
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello nhorman,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
nhorman

Thats rather the problem though, I'm not a verizon customer, and so their customer support number just dumps me to the sales department, who doesn't have the foggiest on how to help me.  I'm recording malicious traffic from verizon owned ip addresses and their abuse contact point is a black hole, in that it is unresponsive, so where is a non customer who has a problem with verizon owned network addresses to go?

0 Likes
mack19511
Enthusiast - Level 2

File a Better Business complaint or FCC complaint it's the only way to get Verizons attention even if you are a customer.

0 Likes