Rewiring + STB Model
Shiguresan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I'm a current Cable TV customer thinking of switching to FIOS soon and I just had a few questions.

First off, I was wondering if FIOS does a check of the current cable wires already running into my home. I'm concerned because I believe one of the wires may be frayed or just placed wrong because our Internet/Tv keeps cutting out and that's what our CableCompany says it could be. Would they be able to fix/slightly modify the incoming cable wires without charging the 50$ fee for "running new cable lines"?.

Secondly(And argueabley less important) I wanted to know which model of set top box you recieve after ordering. I was planning on just getting the normal HD STB (Not DVR) when I realized there were a few models of box (New black Cisco box, Motorola box and old gray box) and I wanted to know if you choose which model of box you recieve or if theres a fee or something? I just thought it would make more sense to recieve the newest Cisco box but I had no idea if it depended on your area or anything.

Re: Rewiring + STB Model
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Shiguresan

We would be glad to have you in our FiOS family.  If you have an outlet that is damaged or cables that have to be phished behind the wall, it is possible that you will be charged because that is a part of your inside wiring.  If there is a patch cable that needs replacing that will be replaced with no  additional charge.  As far as the model of set top box you will receive,  it depends on the warehouse stock at the garage in your area.  Currently you are unable to choose the brand name or model of the box that you would like to have installed. Please let us know if we can assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tonya D

Re: Rewiring + STB Model
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hopefully Tonya means they'll fish a new cable in the wall and not "phish" one ... I'd hate to think that poor cable would have it's identity stolen and have someone ruining it's credit rating.  Smiley Very Happy

One thing to say about the STB's ... regardless of which one you get, they all give you the same picture quality, so unless you're worried about DVR capacity, it shouldn't really be of concern.

0 Likes