Ridiculous Price-Increase
FloridaFiOS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My current 2-year subscription expires 1/4.

When checking my extension-options online, I almost fell off my chair. Instead of $109.99 I'm currently paying for the Triple Play, I'm now asked to pay a whopping $154.99/month. Sure, prices go up over two years - but by almost 50%???!! Maybe I missed it - but my salary didn't go up that much.

Yes, the download-speed will be better - BUT the upload-speed will go down (from 35 to 25).

I'm currently paying about $250/month so I would consider myself a good customer. Considering that I could get a 50% discount on a movie package, I'd still be looking at a new bill of more than $280/month. That's $720 more over the 24 month contract-period - a surcharge the $120 Gift-Card can hardly compensate.

$30/month more is just ridiculous!!

I kindly ask a mod to escalate my case as well - like the other previous price-complaints.

I'd certainly like to stay with Verizon - but this offer is just not acceptable.Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Ridiculous Price-Increase
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You will need to contact Verizon yourself regarding your bill. We suggest you ask for the retention department.

0 Likes
FloridaFiOS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ElizabethS wrote:

You will need to contact Verizon yourself regarding your bill. We suggest you ask for the retention department.

Thanks for your input.

Still strange though that some customers seem to get a special treatment. After all, this customers is having the exact same issue:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/Is-this-how-to-treat-your-loyal-custom...

So why do I have to start at point 0 while the other customer gets his own case?

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

That person had already contacted Verizon.

0 Likes
FloridaFiOS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ElizabethS wrote:

That person had already contacted Verizon.

Well, I chatted with an online-rep when I was browsing my options because I couldn't believe what I saw - does that count as "contact", too?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You really should contact them about your account. And if you are asking for a new rate as a long time customer, then the retention dept. is your best course of action.

0 Likes
FloridaFiOS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ElizabethS wrote:

You really should contact them about your account. And if you are asking for a new rate as a long time customer, then the retention dept. is your best course of action.

Thanks, I'll do that.

0 Likes
paulvincente
Hi my name is paul why dont u just rebundle????
0 Likes
bonibee11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.   Part of my bundle promotion expired Jan 2d as far as the multi-room DVR pkge.  That just increased almost $40.  Unbelievable.  The rest of my package expires July 1.  I can't wait to see what is thrown at me then!  I have called repeatedly to speak to the retention department for the past few weeks to see what can be done as a longtime customer, both as residential & business.  The answer: basically, nothing!    Maybe they don't care anymore about us once they have us because the options here are very limited.....Time Warner or nothing!   I left TW years ago because of their internet service only.  TV is TV.   Same repetetive shows no matter what cable service u have, and package dependent.

I build and repair computer systems as a courtesy for my local area neighbors and friends, and way back when FIOS was being installed in Staten Island, I fought to get it installed for us here, as they seemed to skip over my neck of the woods.  When we got it, I swayed over 100 homes to dump TW and go to FIOS.   Verizon did thank me back then, but I guess over time I too became nothing more than a small pimple to them now!    

So, as I opened our Staten Island paper this morning, I see big changes coming now for Time Warner here......triple increase in internet speed, the ability to watch and record 6 channels at one time, and 12 times more room to record on the DVR boxes.   Food for thought!   Staten Island will be their first project and they hope to increase this service to all of their customers in the near future.  I'm sure the price will increase too, but Verizon needs to step up to the plate for the prices it charges for its less than stellar services, and wake up and give their faithful customers some consideration and courtesy: show us that you care!  We don't all have oil wells in the backyard!!!!!!   They are overdue for competition in this market, at least here.    

0 Likes