Rude customer service and encouraging to cancel the service!
Adriank1

I had verizon fios almost over 3 months. 

I usually let my cousin to watch T.V and I was wondering why he doesn't watch T.V lately.

When I checked the T.V there was no service, I had to call customer service and technical support to fix it.

Then, why am I paying for the T.V service that I was not getting almost for 2 months? 

I asked my cousin when the T.V stop working and it was around end of September.

When I called customer service to ask for partial refund for the service that I was not getting, she showed some kind of suspicion that why am I calling now? Why didn't I have time to call them to fix the cable?

Then I asked what is the cancelling department, so I can discuss about the issue further.

The cancelling department, he said his name is "Rudy" and he did same thing that customer service and there is absolutely no way to give a partial refund and he encouraged me to cancel the service if I am not satisfied. 

Oh, and he said I have to pay for 210$ for cancellation fee and I have to go through disconnecting process?(I was harassed by this guy who was telling that disavantage if I disconnect the service.

Now, it was common sense that T.V was not getting signal from the end of September and if it was getting, I did not have to check and call for an hour to go through with technical support to fix the issue.

It was righteous to ask for a refund that the service I was not getting for the period of the no signal and customer service was accusing me that I did not call them to fix it earlier and refused to give a refund for the specific period of disconnection.

I set up the cancellation of the service on Nov 20th and if this issue is not resolved soon, I will move on.

This is the worst experience I had to go though Verizon and customer service was anti-customer minded.

0 Likes
Re: Rude customer service and encouraging to cancel the service!
cdb12

I agree, customer service is rude at best and for the most part non-exhistant. I tried to cancel my service and they wouldn't even let me. I told them that I was changing my internet provider and they told me about their new even less affordable plans. I then informed the agent that if I had to cancel my services by non payment of their bills then that's what was going to happen. 3 months later I get a bill in the mail that says if I don't pay the amount they will cancel my service????  GOOD! So glad I switched to Xfinity, faster, cheaper, and customer service actually answers the phone

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Adriank

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Adriank,

After reviewing the account with you and helping with a credit, we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any additional questions or concerns about your account or service please make a new post and we will be happy to assist.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes