STOP DIGGING IN MY YARD
nodiginmyhouse

WE DID NOT ASK FOR YOUR SERVICE,,,,STOP DIGGING IN MY YARD....A COMPANY OF TRASPASSERS....

0 Likes
Re: STOP DIGGING IN MY YARD
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you called or contacted Verizon about this?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Typically all Utilitiy companies do not need your approval for these kinds of things.   

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would urge you to check the deed to your property ... you will find there-in a grant of right-of-way to public utilities which does indeed give them permission, without your consent, to pass thru, under, or over your property.   Same applies to electric, water, and sewer utiities as well.

With that said, they also have an obligation to fix any effects of their digging and take steps such that it will return to it's original condition -- meaning, replacing any disturbed sod and reseeding as appropriate.

If that's not been done, then as a previous poster suggested, call Verizon and speak to someone.

When they were installing FiOS in my neighborhood, they trenched my property three times as they were connecting other neighbors on my side of the street to the main box on the other side of my neighbor's property when they ordered FiOS (the neighbot had it done four times since they had to dig for my connection as well).  Each time, they replaced the disturbed sod and re-seeded the grass -- took a few weeks for everything to settle and grow back, but it did and you can no longer tell where the digging occurred.