Samsung GT2 10.1 (1) Where is SN? (2) Can't Connect to PC
Donll
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I am new Android user (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1). I am trying to locate the Serial Number. I looked on the back and along the information that came with the box but all I can find is the Model #, UPC, IMEI and SW-Ver.

I am trying to get my GT2 to connect to my pc (windows7) but all I hear when I connect the Verizon-supplied 30pin-to-USB cable is a beep from the Tablet, nothing on the desktop pc. Then, interestingly, the Tablet shuts off, going into Battery Charging mode (huh?!). Nothing changes after the USB drivers from the Samsung site and then installing the Kies software from that site. I get the same results when I do a soft reboot and a hard boot after waiting some 30 minutes.

I thought maybe I would see if the Kies could update my firmware but as the Firmware Update Window accepted the requested Model # (SCH-I915) it wouldn't accept the IMEI # as a serial number.

Even uninstalling and cleaning out any tentacles left over from the installs then seeing what happens does not change anything. Additionally, once I installed the Samsung USB driver(s) I've used the USBdeview to locate all USB drivers installed on my system but it is not identifying a particular Samsung USB driver.

When I connect my Blackberry (9930 Bold Touch) to my pc everything goes as it should. So it is not my USB ports on the pc. 

I've been working on this intermittently for a week (a day after I received this baby). As you can tell this has me perplexed.

Any good suggestions anyone?

Thank you, in advance,

DonL

0 Likes
Re: Samsung GT2 10.1 (1) Where is SN? (2) Can't Connect to PC
PELOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried *#06# I think that should pop up the serial number

Donll
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hmmm. Demonstrating my total noobness: why do I input that. [I'm still in the early stages of reading "Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 for Dummies" by Dan Gookin.]
Thank you for that suggestion. DonL
0 Likes
Donll
Enthusiast - Level 1
Sorry - not WHY, but WHERE?
0 Likes