Switch Account

Scheduling Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware scans with Internet Security Suite

Scheduling Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware scans with Internet Security Suite

Highlighted
Contributor Joanna_M
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(11,158 Views)

When I installed Verizon Internet Security Suite, the scan schedule for Anti-Virus was set to a default time of: Weekly at 12:00 am on Saturday. The Anti-Spyware scan was default scheduled weekly at 12:00 am on Sunday.

I don't want the scans done at this time. So I rescheduled them to run at 5:00 am instead of 12:00 on each day. 

This didn't work. Even though when I look at the schedules for those programs, it shows the times I put in. But it still ignores the times I scheduled and always starts up both programs at 12:00. This is very inconvenient for me. How do you debug this?

Message Edited by Joanna_M on 03-30-2009 04:02 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Contributor Anjel
Contributor

Hi!  Have you tried scheduling them 30 minutes to an hour apart?  Should fix problem right away...or Sunday!  Let me know how it goes? I would schedule the shorter of the two first...less overlap

Angel

Contributor Joanna_M
Contributor

Not sure I understand what you're suggesting, Anjel.

Here it is 12:17 a.m. on Saturday and the virus scan notified me it was going to start. I told it later because I'm still busy doing something. I had just checked again, and it isn't scheduled to start until 5:00 a.m. My question is why does it start at a time I didn't schedule it for? How do I make it run when I want it to?

Joanna

Contributor Turminator1
Contributor

I know what you mean. I have the same problem, here it is 6:31 am and I am awake and on my pc when all of a sudden verizon's virus scan pops up and starts it's scan. I scheduled that for 12:01 am. Plus not to mention the other day it said I have a virus but it couldn't repair it so it quaranteed it, then when I clicked on find out more information about this virus the page said it will be available soon. I did a search of the virus on radialpoints website and it couldn't tell me the virus either and then I found out through google that is actually a trojan and wrote a bunch of keys to the registry but the website never said what to do about it, whether to delete those keys or not.

I don't like to delete registry keys unless I am sure.

I used to have Norton installed and its virus scan used to do some odd things to. Like forget! Symantec said it was windows fault because it uses task scheduler.

I am seriously thinking about dumping this verizon suite if they don't fix it real soon and get their website's up and running!!!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.