Scheduling Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware scans with Internet Security Suite
Joanna_M

When I installed Verizon Internet Security Suite, the scan schedule for Anti-Virus was set to a default time of: Weekly at 12:00 am on Saturday. The Anti-Spyware scan was default scheduled weekly at 12:00 am on Sunday.

I don't want the scans done at this time. So I rescheduled them to run at 5:00 am instead of 12:00 on each day. 

This didn't work. Even though when I look at the schedules for those programs, it shows the times I put in. But it still ignores the times I scheduled and always starts up both programs at 12:00. This is very inconvenient for me. How do you debug this?

Message Edited by Joanna_M on 03-30-2009 04:02 PM
0 Likes
Re: Scheduling Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware scans with Internet Security Suite
Anjel1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!  Have you tried scheduling them 30 minutes to an hour apart?  Should fix problem right away...or Sunday!  Let me know how it goes? I would schedule the shorter of the two first...less overlap

Angel

0 Likes
Joanna_M

Not sure I understand what you're suggesting, Anjel.

Here it is 12:17 a.m. on Saturday and the virus scan notified me it was going to start. I told it later because I'm still busy doing something. I had just checked again, and it isn't scheduled to start until 5:00 a.m. My question is why does it start at a time I didn't schedule it for? How do I make it run when I want it to?

Joanna

0 Likes
Turminator12

I know what you mean. I have the same problem, here it is 6:31 am and I am awake and on my pc when all of a sudden verizon's virus scan pops up and starts it's scan. I scheduled that for 12:01 am. Plus not to mention the other day it said I have a virus but it couldn't repair it so it quaranteed it, then when I clicked on find out more information about this virus the page said it will be available soon. I did a search of the virus on radialpoints website and it couldn't tell me the virus either and then I found out through google that is actually a trojan and wrote a bunch of keys to the registry but the website never said what to do about it, whether to delete those keys or not.

I don't like to delete registry keys unless I am sure.

I used to have Norton installed and its virus scan used to do some odd things to. Like forget! Symantec said it was windows fault because it uses task scheduler.

I am seriously thinking about dumping this verizon suite if they don't fix it real soon and get their website's up and running!!!

0 Likes