Re: Security Deposit Refund
spanichsutha

Verizon charged me a $125 deposit on 12/20/2012 to start up my FiOS residential service (in Virginia).

On 1/15/2013, when I chatted with customer service and asked when I'd get it back, they told me "You will receive a refund check." "It can take any where from 6 to 12 months."
On 1/7/2014, after 12 months and no refund of the deposit, I called the main number and asked again.  I was put on hold and transfered in circles for more than an hour.  Finally, a rep named Cindy said that she could see the deposit on my account but wasn't sure why it hadn't been refunded yet.  She promised to find out and call me back, but she never did.

I still haven't received a refund of my deposit.

My account number is {edited for privacy}.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

spanichsutha,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Frustrated9643

I have the same problem - I was told to expect the deposit back in July 2013. After numerous phone calls, and despite repeated assurances that the money was in the process of being refunded, I still have not heard anything.

I've asked that it be escalated to a manager, and I was assured that they would contact me last week, but have not heard anything yet. Whenever I call in, I'm bounced between numerous numbers, but it's a never ending circle.

I'm told that there was a problem with one month's payment, except that I've been on autopay ever since it started. The late fee was waived and the amount was correctly deducted (there's a note in my files to that effect).

How do I go about getting this fixed?

Thanks.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frustrated9643,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Frustrated9643
Glad that we were able to help you get this taken care of!  Let us know if you ever need assistance in the future.
-Amanda_M

0 Likes
elevy4

My serivce started in 4/13 i was promissed my $250 deposit back after1 year. it has been well over this time period now... i still have yet to receive anything.

Time Warner requires no depoist and they offer better channels!

These verizion folks are liars and scam artists. I want to cancel my service altogether, it is not worth the headache and the lousy customer service i am getting. 

0 Likes
elevy4

I STILL HAVE YET TO RECEIVE MY DEPOSIT BACK, YOUR COMPANY IS REQUESTING I SHOW PROOF OF MY DEPOSIT PAID?

THIS IS COMPLETLEY RIDICULOUS AND UNPROFESSIONAL....

I AM AT THE END OF THE ROAD WITH VERIZON TO BE HONEST, I HAVE NOW SPENT TIME DIGGING UP A VISA STATEMENT FROM 12 MONTHS AGO WHICH PROVES I HAVE PAID YOU A 250.00 USD SECURITY DEPOSIT, AND THIS IS STILL BEING HELD BY YOUR COMPANY. 

I AM ABOUT READY TO CANCEL / SHUT OFF MY VERIZON SERVICE COMPLELTEY. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ALL THE TELECOM'S. 

WITH DEEP REGRET, 

EL 

0 Likes
nuankotou

Wow, finnaly i feel like home here. I am a Verizon Deposit Victim too. I got my service three years ago and not yet receive my deposit. Until recently Verzion closed my account by accident, i decided to ask my money back. Unfortunately ,after talking to at least 10 people and 4 different depatments, problem still remained unsolved. Billing department did identify my deposit  in my account but the finance department who sent out the check could not see the money in their system. They asked me give them the bank transaction number. R u kidding me???? transaction number three years ago????? You can simply go straight check my first bill and find youself!  The person in billing department is nice, he gives me 35 credit for the inconvience. But comparing to 250 deposit, it is nothing. I am now dealing with my overcharged bill becuase of Verizon's accident 'cut-off' happened three months ago, it looks like an another long way to go. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nuankotou,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

nuankotou,

We didn't hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you need further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums. We'll be able to continue looking into your issue.

As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes