Service Change that was never recorded
MatrixMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK I have been with Fios for 21 years and really liked it. A service provider here in NY offered a great deal. I asked Verizon on the phone and chat to see what they could do. Did not expect them to match it but try to come fairly close. Well the second chat, based in the Phillipines btw, did a good job ofr me. Service was close and it was only $15 more than the compitiion. Now the package offer by the other company was 2 HD boxes, a multi-room DVR, mid level channel package (same as I have with Verizon), Showtime, and Netflix - all for $122 after taxes. Chat offered me basicallhy the same for $137 - so I agreed. That's when the lies started. She emailed me the package and it was almost $200, she said she would email me again with the correct quote. This time the price was correct, but the service was a huge downgrade from what I hvae now. Then she said that there was a glitch in the system. And that she had to submit a ticket. Within 24 hours I would receive an email with all the info. I waited 48 hours and nothing. Tried chat again and SURPRISE there was no record of that quote. I called and asked to speak to a US rep - they could not connect me. Finally I got a call back from someone in the US - YAY - except no deal a small price savings, and no try to match the competitor. Oh and the ticket number that chat gave me was aparrently bogus. So obviously I'm switching to the competitor with better programming, and US-based customer service. And hopefully the competitor does not lie lie Verizon does! 21 years. They will obviously not miss me, nor will I miss them.

0 Likes
Re: Service Change that was never recorded
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you say FiOS for 21 years, I assume you mean Verizon.

FiOS has been around for only 10 years or so.

0 Likes
MatrixMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

After several calls to Verizon they have refused to honor the agreement made with the Service Representative even though I have screenshots of the discussion. Verizon does not email the chat like every other reputable business. I am shocked and saddened that a US company is forcing me to go to a foreign provider now. BTW that foreign cable provider's Customer Service is based in the US unlike Verizon's.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MatrixMan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes