DSL stopped working and trying to get help from support
stunix

Every time I have a problem with my service (which is often) my heart sinks because I know I am going to be in for a couple of weeks of arguing with Verizon's "support", getting the runaround, spending hours on hold while being passed around the queue, getting lied to, empty promises, etc. Every. single. time.

The latest issue is that my DSL stopped working. After realizing that it's going to be an epic, uphill battke to gtet it resolved as usual, I stated calling Verizon's support. They ran all the tests on the line etc that they could run over the phone and scheduled a tech out. After sitting at my PC for 2 hours, the tech said that there is nothing at all wrong with my location. Lines checked out, modem checked out, everything was fine.

After calling a few people, he said that there was some work being done by the central office and somehow I was being affected by it, and promised to have it resolved by the morning. Knowing full well that it will not be resolved by the morning, I still waited and what a shock, it was not resolved.

So I called the tech, and he told me that there are emails flying back and forth about my issue, and that he's getting **bleep** off because everyone is pointing fingers at each other and claiming it's not their problem, and are refusing to fix it. he then promised to get it all sorted out and contact me in the morning. I of course, ended up having to call back the next day because I wasn't called back, and he told me that there is nothing he can do because it's a problem with the box near the Central Office and my service was accidentally disconnected.

So that night, I got in touch with verizon. After getting multiple apologies and being told "If I give them one more chance they will have it fixed by the morning", he went through all the same steps that were already done before to check for a problem at my location, completely wasting my time since that as already done. After determing that there is no problem at my location, he decided that the problem must me the same thing everyone else at Verizon has told me, that it is a problem near the CO, and promised to have a technician on site go to the CO in the AM 'and will have it fixed by the morning".

The next morning, a tech shows up at my house. Why he was sent to my house, I do not know since they already determined that there is no problem at my location. The tech himself was actually confused about why they wasted his time and mine by sending him out to my house when they already know the problem isn;t at my house.

So he made some phone calls, said he was told that there was an issue at the box near the CO (gosh, what a surprise) and that field techs areworking on it and "it should be resolved by the morning". He said it was casung an issue for the entire area. I had absolutley no expectation of my service being restored by the morning, and when morning came I was not at all surpprised to find it still wasn't working.

So, back to getting in toch with Verizon's support. After wanting me to run the same tests that have already been run multiple times before, both remotely and by their techs on site at my home, he decided to schedule a tech to come out to my house. Yeah..... after explaining that they've been out twice and that the company has confirmed utiple times my house isn't where the problem lies and that sending a tech out is a complete waste of time, he assured me that if we give them "one more chance" they will get a field tech out to the CO and have the problem "resolved by morning".

I asked him if there are any reports of issues affecting my area (which is what I was told before) he informed me that there is no issues in my area reported and if there were he would have a record of it.

So basically Verizons service stiunks. Their support people lie, stall, evade, make promises they don't keep, waste you time, send techs on wild goose chases, etc. while nothing gets resolved. Which is basically what happens every time I have an issue with the service, and what i know I have to look forward to whenever my service goes out. From what i my neighbors with verizon have told me, and from what i have read on social media, news articles, and reviews, etc. this is "standard operating procedure" for Verizon, which is why their customer support is rated worst int eh country second only to Comcast.

What a joke. I'm going to look into finding an alternative provider for my phone, internet and wireless, and will drop Verizon like the proverbial hot potato as soon as possible, and will urge my friend and neighbors to do the same.

0 Likes
Re: DSL stopped working and trying to get help from support
stunix

So I was just on chat with someone, and after giving me the runaround (which could be copied and pasted from the previous runarounds because often it was word for word the same canned excuses), I asked for info on how to file a complaint at the executive level. i tod them I don't want a generic "If you call customer support at 1-800 blah blah" answer becase I am intending to escalate it to a higher level than a customer service rep and their useless supervisors and would rather deal with management, he then gave me the runaround on answering my question for several minutes, then told me thats all he can do and ended the chat.

The capper is that it seems they have blocked my IP address from their chat system.

So thats basically what they do when you want to escalate your complaints to a higher level, they kick you off and block you.

Nice.

Gonna have to check into what ATT's prices and availablity are.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@stunix wrote:

So I was just on chat with someone, and after giving me the runaround (which could be copied and pasted from the previous runarounds because often it was word for word the same canned excuses), I asked for info on how to file a complaint at the executive level. i tod them I don't want a generic "If you call customer support at 1-800 blah blah" answer becase I am intending to escalate it to a higher level than a customer service rep and their useless supervisors and would rather deal with management, he then gave me the runaround on answering my question for several minutes, then told me thats all he can do and ended the chat.

The capper is that it seems they have blocked my IP address from their chat system.

So thats basically what they do when you want to escalate your complaints to a higher level, they kick you off and block you.

Nice.

Gonna have to check into what ATT's prices and availablity are.  

You have DSL or FIOS?

This is the FIOS forum.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@stunix wrote:

Every time I have a problem with my service (which is often) my heart sinks because I know I am going to be in for a couple of weeks of arguing with Verizon's "support", getting the runaround, spending hours on hold while being passed around the queue, getting lied to, empty promises, etc. Every. single. time.

The latest issue is that my DSL stopped working. After realizing that it's going to be an epic, uphill battke to gtet it resolved as usual, I stated calling Verizon's support. They ran all the tests on the line etc that they could run over the phone and scheduled a tech out. After sitting at my PC for 2 hours, the tech said that there is nothing at all wrong with my location. Lines checked out, modem checked out, everything was fine.

After calling a few people, he said that there was some work being done by the central office and somehow I was being affected by it, and promised to have it resolved by the morning. Knowing full well that it will not be resolved by the morning, I still waited and what a shock, it was not resolved.

So I called the tech, and he told me that there are emails flying back and forth about my issue, and that he's getting **bleep** off because everyone is pointing fingers at each other and claiming it's not their problem, and are refusing to fix it. he then promised to get it all sorted out and contact me in the morning. I of course, ended up having to call back the next day because I wasn't called back, and he told me that there is nothing he can do because it's a problem with the box near the Central Office and my service was accidentally disconnected.

So that night, I got in touch with verizon. After getting multiple apologies and being told "If I give them one more chance they will have it fixed by the morning", he went through all the same steps that were already done before to check for a problem at my location, completely wasting my time since that as already done. After determing that there is no problem at my location, he decided that the problem must me the same thing everyone else at Verizon has told me, that it is a problem near the CO, and promised to have a technician on site go to the CO in the AM 'and will have it fixed by the morning".

The next morning, a tech shows up at my house. Why he was sent to my house, I do not know since they already determined that there is no problem at my location. The tech himself was actually confused about why they wasted his time and mine by sending him out to my house when they already know the problem isn;t at my house.

So he made some phone calls, said he was told that there was an issue at the box near the CO (gosh, what a surprise) and that field techs areworking on it and "it should be resolved by the morning". He said it was casung an issue for the entire area. I had absolutley no expectation of my service being restored by the morning, and when morning came I was not at all surpprised to find it still wasn't working.

So, back to getting in toch with Verizon's support. After wanting me to run the same tests that have already been run multiple times before, both remotely and by their techs on site at my home, he decided to schedule a tech to come out to my house. Yeah..... after explaining that they've been out twice and that the company has confirmed utiple times my house isn't where the problem lies and that sending a tech out is a complete waste of time, he assured me that if we give them "one more chance" they will get a field tech out to the CO and have the problem "resolved by morning".

I asked him if there are any reports of issues affecting my area (which is what I was told before) he informed me that there is no issues in my area reported and if there were he would have a record of it.

So basically Verizons service stiunks. Their support people lie, stall, evade, make promises they don't keep, waste you time, send techs on wild goose chases, etc. while nothing gets resolved. Which is basically what happens every time I have an issue with the service, and what i know I have to look forward to whenever my service goes out. From what i my neighbors with verizon have told me, and from what i have read on social media, news articles, and reviews, etc. this is "standard operating procedure" for Verizon, which is why their customer support is rated worst int eh country second only to Comcast.

What a joke. I'm going to look into finding an alternative provider for my phone, internet and wireless, and will drop Verizon like the proverbial hot potato as soon as possible, and will urge my friend and neighbors to do the same.

@stunix wrote:

Hi stunix,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes