Where is an appropriate location to begin addressing service issues? There are a couple of items that have cause me considerable confusion and time to get resolved. I'd like to bring those issues up to the appropriate group or individual so that these items can be addressed. Thanks.
Which service? (Wireless, FiOS, DSL/HSI, dialup...?) What kind of issues? (Billing or Technical?)
My wife upgraded to an LG EnvTouch this week. So far nothing has worked on the phone (nothing wrong with the phone) correctly without going through all kinds of calls. Key items... 1. The local office said (but didn't) they configured the phone for the services that we have had on our account for some time. No email, no VZ Nav. and so on. Made the trip back into the local office (live 15 miles away) and asked questions and showed staff what the issues were. They handed me a phone number for wireless support. In other words, no support. 2. Since the first problem was with activating email, I discovered that after the local office configured (really don't think they did anything but activation) the phone, they didn't download the app. The phone is not user friendly in that the demo ran but did not offer a way to download. Once that was figured out and downloaded the email wouldn't work. The message was "invalid login". Called wireless support and was told I needed to work with DSL since we have Verizon email. They (DSL) validated the setup for email (home computer and my personal cell were and are still working) and determined that since the home computer and my cell worked, it was a wireless issue. Another trip into the local store to see if they could figure out if I was doing something wrong, produced the same basic result... an 800 number for wireless support. Wireless support was unable to determine what the issue was and referred me back to DSL. (get the picture?) I suggested that perhaps since the new phone just wouldn't work, that I'd be willing to change my password (bad mistake) and reset the home computer, my cell and set up the new cell with the new password. When this was done...then nothing worked! A very patient DSL tech (he is up for sainthood in my book) helped get the password issue resolved and the home computer and my cell finally worked again. Now, back to the new cell...whatever happened during the reset of the password, allowed me to get the new phones setup screens to work. 3. VZ Navigator... that wasn't setup by the local office. Got to the basic screen and was notified that I'd be billed $9.99 a month and $2.99 per use if I installed the application. We have the Nation Wide Premium package (and have had it for a number of years) that includes VZ Nav, email, and the kitchen sink. Called billing and got that resolved. Bottom line... it appears that no two groups communicate well with each other. I took five (5) hours to get the email working. Not good. The local office should have been able to at least tell me that they really didn't provide any setup help. If I'd known that, my approach to this whole thing would have been different. Clearly, I won't bother with the local office (Madison WI. on East Washington) anymore. Pleas note! When I got to the gentleman in the DSL side, he really did help get things resolved. Neither of us understands why a password reset allowed the new phone to work, but he stuck with me through this until things worked.