Services added without consent
jmac_222

Last week I called to cancel my TV service while keeping my existing Internet service. I thought I had successfully cancelled my TV service, but this ended up not being the case. I had been told I was signing a 2-year contract for Internet for $59.99 for Internet. He also stated that I would receive a box to ship back my dvr in. He then said to unhook the coax from the box and connect it to the back of the TV. I asked him, "Why I would do this if I'm not keeping TV?" He replied, "It comes free for any Verizon customer, we just don't advertise it". This struck me as sort of strange, but I didn't really question it. However, I started to notice some things that weren’t right. The first thing that I noticed is that I was still receiving programming on my TV through my dvr. The second is that I never received an email stating the changes to my account. A day passed and I received an email at my secondary email address stating my Verizon contact email address had been changed (it was my email with a "1" placed in the middle of my email before the "@". I never did this. This must have triggered the email to direct to my Verizon messaging center. I discovered the missing email here. While looking into the email I discovered that I was signed up for Local TV service, Showtime, and HBO. SOMETHING THAT I NEVER AGREED TO. Why would I sign up for premium channels if I were calling to cancel TV service? I feel that the rep added these and didn't want me to know, so he changed my email address. I don't have proof, of course, but I know I never agreed to add this content.

I attempted to call and speak to someone about the unauthorized email changes and to ask questions about the TV service, but after being on hold I was mysteriously disconnected. I waited to days and attempted to call again. I explained my situation and asked to speak to a supervisor. Again, I was put on hold and mysteriously disconnected. Minutes later I called again and experienced the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. The rep was so rude I was shocked. When I asked to speak to a supervisor he immediately changed his tone and started talking to me like I was a child and raising his voice. I waited 20 minutes to talk to a supervisor, but he got back on and asked if he could have a number so they supervisor can call me back. I asked when I can expect a call and he said "tomorrow between 3-5". Why would he make me wait that long just to say that?

During the third call mentioned above I received 3 emails saying yet another order was created, cancelling the tv service and only providing internet. Good, but...the problem now is that I was given a price of $79.99 instead of the $59.99 originally agreed to. Again, I never agreed to any further changes, but they were done without my consent anyways. I never requested this. I first wanted to find out what was going on before I made any new changes. Now I am afraid I am going to get charged a fee for breaking the contract, which I never agreed to in the first place.

An even stranger thing was that the last rep I spoke to said He didn't see any of the new orders in the system. I gave him exact order numbers and he said they didn't exist. I told him that I have emails that back this up he actually YELLED at me saying, "I am a Verizon employee and it is not in my system". I couldn't believe it. I am still in shock over the entire situation.

I don't know what to do from here. I have tried to contact by phone a number of times and the online agent can't help with this type of concern. Also, there are no stores in my state that would allow me to actually talk to someone in person. I just really hope I don't have an outrageous bill catch me by surprise. I feel like I am being taken advantage of. This has been a horrible experience and I plan to cut Verizon for good if I don't get help soon. I hope that one of the Verizon employees actually reads this.

Does anyone have any input or suggestions? Reading through this forum I don't expect Verizon to ever change their customer service practices, but I do need to figure out how to handle this. I have spent more than 2 hours on the phone with no positive results. I find it very strange that they do not want to let you talk to a supervisor. We’ll see if I actually get that call tomorrow.

Thanks for having the worst customer service ever!

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
Re: Services added without consent
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes