Set Top Box Does Not Display Time
Zeus212

I just got my new service installed yesterday and I realized the HD set top boxes does not display time or channel. Is this normal, if it is that sucks! 

0 Likes
Re: Set Top Box Does Not Display Time
tns
Master - Level 2

The latest model Motorola down not have a display.  The earlier Motorola models STB ,DVRs, and CISCO models all display time.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

As pointed out above, if you have a newer Motorola Set top Box (the Black, small units or otherwise) they do not give the time. Most people, despite the missing clock would rather have the newer boxes with the new IMG updates over those old Motorola units anyways.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with Smith6612 ... I'd take a smaller form factor over having the channel/time display any day -- it shows up on the screen when you're changing channels and you can always hit the info button if you want to see it for some other reason.   I've always found the glowing bright yellow/white/orange digits to be a distraction when watching a movie in a darkened room.

As for the time ... well, I have one of those old-school clock thingy's hanging on the wall for that.  Smiley Wink

YMMV

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

Smithh6612 wrote: " ...if you have a newer Motorola Set top Box (the Black, small units or otherwise) they do not give the time. Most people, despite the missing clock would rather have the newer boxes with the new IMG updates over those old Motorola units ... "

I was under the impression that the "new IMG updates" were available on most of the older STBs (the QIP7232, for example) via a software update.  Is this not the case?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

I think he meant that supported all the new IMG features.  6xxx boxes don't.

Note the newer box was also meant to be greener and so it loses the display and uses less power. For some reason the newer DVR kept the display, although it uses less power than the prevous model. 

0 Likes
New-user

Me too

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over eight years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes