Set-up fee not getting waived as promised.
feng2018

My fios internet (50/50) was installed on Nov 26th.I have been told the set-up fee can be waived if I make a call with verizon customer serivce.I called but only get a 50 dollar credit for next bill.I am considering to cancel it under verizon 30 day ganrantee.Not too happy with the explanation they gave me over the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Set-up fee not getting waived as promised.
jonjones1
Legend

@feng2018 wrote:

My fios internet (50/50) was installed on Nov 26th.I have been told the set-up fee can be waived if I make a call with verizon customer serivce.I called but only get a 50 dollar credit for next bill.I am considering to cancel it under verizon 30 day ganrantee.Not too happy with the explanation they gave me over the phone.

Amazingly that $50 was half off. But I understand that in certain situations you could call the Verizon number and select cancel service, a retention representative will ask why? Tell them what happened and that you will go to another service.

you may tell them to add up the amount of your plan per month say $100 equals $1200 a year or $2400.00 in two years and because they don’t honor what they promised they lose that revenue over a $40 difference in credits. 

They may just just wipe it out. But get it in writing and get the name of the person the time and date for your records.

0 Likes