Sticking it to the elderly
SpeedThree
Contributor - Level 1

I hold weekly sessions at an Aging-in-Place community where I help seniors understand how to use their iPhones.

A new attendee showed up last week, a women in her late 70s, with an iPhone she purchased from Verizon.

The Verizon associate sold her a case for her iPhone which first of all was ridiculously expensive ($100), but worse still, this woman has MS and the volume buttons on this case are so hard to press that she does not have the strength to do so.  I am fit, go to the gym just about daily, and even I have to push extremely hard to activate those volume buttons.  Adding insult to injury, when they applied the screen protector, they did such a poor job that there are so many bubbles under the protector that it looks more like Saran wrap than it does a screen protector

Verizon should be ashamed of themselves for foisting an expensive case on this woman.

What would folks recommend I do to help her set this right?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Sticking it to the elderly
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help with Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes