Still being charged for returned equipment. Beware!
mikea9609
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently cancelled my fios service because I moved back in late August. By late September all my fees were paid and my equipment was returned, I called Verizon to confirm they received everything and they confirmed after I gave my receipt id.  Couple of weeks after i noticed i still owed money for “unreturned equipement” which i have proof that I returned. So I call Verizon to reconfirm it’s be returned.  They ask for my receipt ID again which I happily provided and once I did the agent told me I was correct, apologized and confirmed again that I did not owe Verizon anything and it should be cleared in 2 months tops.  Two months passed I figured everything was cleared by then.  Yesterday I receive a call from a collection company stating I still owed money to Verizon for unreturned equipment. I explained to the collector it should have been cleared up and was asked for the receipt ID which I gave and now it’s in dispute.   Its now affecting my perfect credit negatively I can’t reach anyone in Verizon for get any confirmation of anything that’s happening. I’ve ran out of things to do at this point.

Re: Still being charged for returned equipment. Beware!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mikea9609,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes