Storm Watch - Email from Verizon Pretty Disappointing
dfarro

So Hurrican Sandy is on it's way.  This moring I received an email from Fios warning me that my internet and phone service may go down... and that I can visit their website for the status of repairs etc.  No phone number was provided in the email.  HOW LAME and disappointing.  It's obvious from Fios' website that they don't want to actually speak with you if you have an issue with their service but in times of emergency you think they could make an effort to be there for their customers.

My experience from the storm last year was that power was out for entire neighborhoods.  Chances of finding a computer that had internet access was slim.  Finding a working cell phone was much better.

0 Likes
Verizon frustrations...
docdvm

Know what is even more frustrating than having your internet go out during foul weather?  Verizon's continued suggestions that you can get faster support by logging onto their various websites. Verizon, I would NOT be on the phone listening to these infuriating messages while waiting to be shunted off to India for help if my internet was WORKING! Neh??? Got this just now...are you KIDDING???

Doc

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

In the event of extreme weather conditions associated with Hurricane Sandy, impacted areas could experience storm related outages. For up-to-date information throughout the storm, please visit verizon.com/outage.

You can also visit verizon.com/repair for troubleshooting tips, instructions on how to restore your service, and open a trouble ticket if needed. In the event of an outage, we will do all that we can to restore your service as quickly as possible.

Please stay safe and thank you for being a Verizon customer.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

0 Likes