Support department crippled by internal Verizon communications.
murriet

My experience trying to get the status of a large outage in SW Riverside, CA:

aka Support department crippled by internal Verizon communications. Support and repair departments don't update estimated repair time. Internally or on the web.

part 2 (canceling the appointment I made:)

After using the "chat" feature, I was able, after about 30 minutes, to figure out that the Verizon support has no clue when large system wide failures will be fixed.  I guess the only way to figure it out is to drive around the city looking for a Verizon repair truck and asking them.  I would like to go to the beach or do something productive, but no, Verizon can't help anyone schedule around there very large outage here in Merriest, CA.  I've repaired DSL and cable for years and was always able to talk with a local department responsible for the repairs, but can't find the local phone number for Verizon Repair Center.  So here I sit, watching the second hand go around and around, wondering if I'm just wasting my time hoping the Verizon FIOS system (dial tone, TV, and internet) might work in the next couple of hours.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Support department crippled by internal Verizon communications.
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@murriet wrote:

... I would like to go to the beach or do something productive ...

Wish we had these choices.  It's November here in New Jersey, and even if Sandy had not destroyed many miles of our coastline, it would still be a bit frigid for fun.  Guess I'll look for something productive.

0 Likes