Switched providers and Verizon continued to bill and now in collections
gikkis

Switched from Verizon to Comcast for phone/web/TV on 9/2/14.  Contacted Verizon on 9/3/14 and disconnected service.  On 9/15/14 received bill from Verizon and paid $188.xx.  In October I received another bill from Verizon for over $300.  Contacted Verizon again and was told wait for final bill.  Received bills in November and December but none were 'final bill's.  On 12/31/14 received letter from North Shore Collection Agency about a past due balance of $249.00.  Contacted Verizon 1/16/14 to discuss.  After 2 hours on the phone I spoke to 'Hope' who determined that Verizon did not shut off service on 9/3/14 and kept billing me as if I were still using their services.  She told me this would be straightened out within a few weeks and gave confirmation number PA11139441054.  However, I am now receiving phone calls at my work from a collection agency.  This may affect my livelihood as my company requires stellar credit.  Please contact Verizon and request they stop collection action and contact all 3 credit bureaus to restore my credit rating as I have done nothing to warrant adverse reporting. 

I tried to contact Verizon today but when I select the option to speak to an agent, it automatically forwards me to a collection agency so no I cannot even speak to a person!   What kind of company does this?   I feel this warrants a PA PUC complaint.

0 Likes
Re: Switched providers and Verizon continued to bill and now in collections
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
gikkis

No contact from Verizon.  This is a serious matter and I demand action!  Verizon has dropped the ball on this and has caused actual damage to my credit and may potentially affect my employment.  If I do not hear from Verizon by COB on 1/26/15, I will be forced to escalate this matter.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gikkis,

Please allow at least two business days for a response.

0 Likes