Switching to Comcast: Verizon has given me the WORST customer service over the past 7 days.
pirouette06
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a loyal Verizon customer for more than 2 years. Last week, I called to transfer my service to a new address. The phone call went well, and I was promised that a technician would come the next day. After ending the call, I found out that was a lie. It would actually be 7 days later. I called back to change the date, and was told that a new order would be submitted, but since it was a Friday evening, someone would call me on Monday to confirm an installation date/time. No call came. I called again today and was told that the customer service rep would call me back in 15 minutes. That was a lie. He did not. I finally got someone on the phone, and SURPRISE! I learned that there was NEVER an order for my new service. And, no technician would be available for 7 days.  This is deplorable and shameful customer service. Several lies, no follow-up when promised, and a seeming inability to get service installed for a long-time customer. 

I went to Comcast's website and within 7 minutes, I was able to sign up for new service and schedule an appointment within 48 hours. Take a lesson, Verizon. 

Tags (1)
Verizon has given me the WORST customer service over the past 7 days.
shah02
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I recently moved also, and i received a confirmation for my order saying that I would have a technican to install on Saturday July 5th from 8 t0 9am. I called multiple times before July 5th to see if there was any available slot for a sooner instalatlion, but unfortunately nothing. The multiple representatives I spoke to said that my order was confirmed, and a technician will be there on July 5th. Surprisingly, I received no call from anyone saying the installer would not be able to make it, or about the appointment being postponed. I went into work late, and still did not have Verizon triple play installed. I spoke to customer care, and was told after waiting about 45 minutes that the representative will call me back, since she could not reach to the technician.

Later that day my sister spoke to a representative, while I was at work, to see what the resolution was to the previous call. The representative she spoke to stated there was no technician assigned, and the dispatch center was not responding. So she will put a note on the account, for service to be installed on July 6th. The window was from 8am to 10am. I have still not had a technician come to my house and it is July 6th 11:40. I called to follow up on the appointment, but I was informed that the appointment is now scheduled for Monday July 7th from 8 am to 12pm. I did not authorize any changes to this appointment, and defiantely did not get any call or email stating there will be some changes. The representative informed me that a manager named Felipe authorized the technician to not show up for the appointment today, and just go tomorrow. This was not even told me to me, so i can make adjustments to my daily schedule. Does Verizon expect people to be available when their technicians are available to work? There is no professionalism going on here. Timeliness and accurate information is not something Verizon understands clearly. 

I would like a reason as to why this is happening, and when I will be a satisfied customer? I have had no complaints with Verizon prior to this, and NEVER received such horrible customer service. This is totally unacceptable. Verizon has horrible customer service, and I will no be recommending anyone to get Verizon Fios. My sister has 4 lines with Verizon, that she will be cancelling due to this horrible experience, and my family members that recommended Verizon to me will all be leaving if there is no resolution to this. This is highly unacceptable. 

Re: Verizon has given me the WORST customer service over the past 7 days.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shah02,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Re: Switching to Comcast: Verizon has given me the WORST customer service over the past 7 days.
Bugalu
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG!  What is going on with Verizon, read my letter, I can't believe the crap...I don't know if Comcast is in my area, but I'll certainly check them out.

I hope everything works out for you, this has been just ridiculous.

I even emailed the head office, probably won't hear back, they are suppose to get back within 24 hours, but I'm not holding my breath.

I actually think the employees are trying to sabotage Verizon, I've never had this much trouble with them, ever!

Good luck!

0 Likes
Re: Switching to Comcast: Verizon has given me the WORST customer service over the past 7 days.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out your private support case, if you still require assistance please feel free to post on your original thread, and we will be more than happy to assist you. 

-Amanda_M

0 Likes