Tablet Giveaway
jacksonb967
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, the last spotlight magazine advertised a tablet a day giveawy that was supposed to start on 7/20, it was supposed to be "easy" to enter, just click the banner- problem is I don't see any such banner- false advertising????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tablet Giveaway
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if the date was changed or that they just have corrected the website.  The Giveaway is now showing up.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

False advertising.  NO.

But I agree I don't see the option to click for the tablet anywhere on the site.  Don't know if its not up, or just is hard to locate.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if the date was changed or that they just have corrected the website.  The Giveaway is now showing up.

danbec1

Now it is a constant on the left side of my home screen and I can't figure out how to block it.

0 Likes
annoyedwithspam

I even contacted 'live chat' for support of this annoying promotion.  Even they didn't know anything about it.

0 Likes
Log on to My Verizon to see if you've won a tablet.
BuffaloGal2

Is this "contest" "promotion" whatever you want to call It for real?  I have my doubts.  I think its a scam.

The contest was supposed to start on July 20, 2013.  I have It in writing from Verizon.  It did not.  

It did however eventually start .... It was either July 31 or August 1.  Either way, I have been going into www.verizon.com/myverizon  each and every day, logging in and selecting the "Are You A Winner / You Could Win Instantly" tab.  Today, Sunday, April 11, I cannot get in to see if I am today's instant winner.  Chances are I am not.  The result I get after trying to select this tab several times today is:

Oops! We’re sorry.

This wasn’t supposed to happen. We’re experiencing a few temporary technical difficulties and working on It now. Please try again later.

What's the deal?  

0 Likes
Re: Log on to My Verizon to see if you've won a tablet.
Trexster

I do not believe it is a real contest!  If it is, why is Verizon not proudly displaying those who have won daily on their site to let people know there are winners.  Because doing so would provide proof of false representation and false advertising.

Keeping the display as "check to see if you are the today's winner" if not false advertising as long as Verizon does not say how many are available to win and who has won..I have seen the contest goes into September but I have not seen in writing how many tablets are offered in the contest (probably only one) or who has won any to date.

Please, if anyone has won..Post that you have.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Trexster wrote:

I do not believe it is a real contest!  If it is, why is Verizon not proudly displaying those who have won daily on their site to let people know there are winners.  Because doing so would provide proof of false representation and false advertising.

Keeping the display as "check to see if you are the today's winner" if not false advertising as long as Verizon does not say how many are available to win and who has won..I have seen the contest goes into September but I have not seen in writing how many tablets are offered in the contest (probably only one) or who has won any to date.

Please, if anyone has won..Post that you have.

Several people have posted but on another thread,  So far I am not one of them.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
noscreenname2

yes I won, got a call from VA agent wanting SS# to claim tablet.  reported scam to VZ and asked to send its customers an email explaining this is a scam. have seen nothing from VZ and scam still pops up

0 Likes