Re: Technician Charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ap1386,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
a0288tigger
Enthusiast - Level 1
Just so you know the company will never provide you with a reps last name. You can ask for an id# and first name only will be provided ever.
0 Likes
a0288tigger
Enthusiast - Level 1
Anytime you have a tech visit there is a possibility of charges. When you accepted the tos for those who didnt read it replacing the battery and any wiring inside the home is yours just as if you are buying a car and making payments you have to replace the battery or any other maintance. Its not covered by a warranty unless you have inside wiring maintance plan. In most areas is $90 for first $30 min 45 each additional 30 min. This is in your contracts read the fine print because its all there
0 Likes
jjcd

I have the same problem. Two charges $91and $46. I called and was told the same thing We cannot remove charges.

Really upset with verizon right now. I been with them for a long time. As soon as contract is done I will be changing companies. Will not be giving my money to a company that doesnt care about customers.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jjcd,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Technician Charge
UNCHeels66
Enthusiast - Level 2

My internet and TV stopped working so I called and they tried to fix it over the phone. They couldn't so they sent out a technician. The technician even came out on a Sunday to take care of it. It turns out that the router had stopped working through no fault of my own. So the technician changed the router and I was good to go. I was very pleased with the speed with which all of this was taken care of, however, I was very upset when I looked at my bill and noticed a $50 charge for the tecnhician to come out. I was not told about this fee. Although I probably would have said yes because I needed my internet, it is very frustrating that nobody bothered to tell me this fee would happen and even more frustrating that I had to pay a fee at all considering it was their router that was malfunctioning. Why should I have to pay to have somebody fix something when I didn't break it. If I did something to break it then fine. But I didn't. I am paying $50 for somebody to switch out the router. Something I could have done myself.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi UNCHeels66,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
troyb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a great one to add to the pile.

I ordered gigabit FIOS, for four months I monitored the speed coming directly out of the wall. Getting about 200mbs, I even told the original installers something did not seem right and they were unconerned. After those four months I fainlly called a tech out and they ended up replacing the box on the side of the house, didn't even talk to me or ring my bell, but I happened to notice them doing it from my window. After that my speed has improved significantly. Later I get a charge for $50 for the service call, this blows my mind because the issue was obviously with the initial install and had nothing to do with any issue on my end. I think this is a pretty crappy way of doing business and I am pretty frustrated. Currently trying to get the charge removed but I am getting the run around from support.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Contact this link to get immediate service.

http://nj.gov/oag/

0 Likes