Switch Account

Technician brought and set-up equipment- what do I do with the equipment that was mailed to me?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Technician brought and set-up equipment- what do I do with the equipment that was mailed to me?

Message 1 of 5
(479 Views)

I recently moved to a new apartment and had my Verizon Equipment shipped to me. The box clearly states along the lines of "sit tight, your technician will set this equipment up for you." I set it next to my TV and let my technician in when he arrived.

However, my technician brought his own router and set-top box and did not even open the box of shipped equipment. Do I now have to ship it back to Verizon? Will I have to pay for this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Technician brought and set-up equipment- what do I do with the equipment that was mailed to me?

Message 2 of 5
(464 Views)

There should be return labels inside you can use to send them back. 

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Technician brought and set-up equipment- what do I do with the equipment that was mailed to me?

Message 3 of 5
(428 Views)

Be careful in this situation. Customers that have had this occur have been billed twice. Verizon has claimed it does not get it back. When sent.

you could go to a Fios corporate store and return. But get a receipt with serial numbers etc. you will be glad you did.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(408 Views)

Thank you for the great advice!

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 5
(402 Views)

@kevinthomas wrote:

Thank you for the great advice!

Glad to help.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.