Terrible FiOS Billing Issues
DougOtte

Ever since I renewed our contract in December 2012, we've been overbilled for our bundle.  I've called several times, but both the regular CSRs and the billing reps seem clueless and refuse to do anything.

It started when I spoke to Missy on 12/18 (conf# {Edited for privacy}).  I wanted to renew our contract as we were about to lose our 24-month discounts.  I asked to switch to digital voice, and she said we'd be automatically be upgraded to the 75/35 Internet service.  I specifically asked if the bill would be the same, as we don't need to pay more.  She assured me the bill would be the same, or even "a few dollars less."

In January, the first new bill was a shock.  Changing to digital voice required a new account (why?), and it was done in the middle of a billing cycle, so there was the usual plethora of confusing partial bills/credits.  I had to dissect the details, but could see that we're being charged more.  I called and spoke to a man, who said credits from the old account should be applied in the next month's bill.

On March 2nd, I spoke to Tamsey after no credits were applied.  She said that our previous Quad Play discount hadn't be applied ($10 extra) and that the 75/35 Internet was $5 more.  She agreed to fix both of them, and volunteered to submit a claim to investigate the overcharges.  She said I should receive a call within about a week.

On 3/21, after no call was received, I talked to Katelyn.  She said she found the open claim, but couldn't see any details.

On 4/1, the new bill showed Katelyn's changes, but for the worse.  We're being charged an additional $20 for changing the Internet in the previous month, and the regular charges for April are even higher than before, not less!  I spoke w/ Talisa in Billing.  She refused to answer my questions about why the bill was higher, simply repeating the same statement about us changing service in the middle of a billing cycle.

I have listed all the charges and credits since November in a spreadsheet.  Our previous total bill was around $386 per month.  Since the billing issues, it's averaged $430 per month!  We've been loyal customers for over 4 years, pay a lot of money every month, and up to now have told friends how great the service is.  We'd hate to do it, but if Verizon refuses to fix this situation, we'll eat the early cancellation fee and take our business to Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Terrible FiOS Billing Issues
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi DougOtte,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

DougOtte,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes
emmydavis

I want to know why my bill is 430. I have auto bill pay and seeing this I will need A e-recite. This just does not sound right.

0 Likes