Thank You CS Rep Tonia Eagleton- Valhalla, New York Office
Ranjones1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

I just wanted to take the time to say a special thank you to your customer service rep from Valhalla, New York- Ms. Tonia E{edited for privacy}.

Today I contacted Verizon to inform them that I was reluctantly planning to change my service over to Cablevision (yuck), because I just could not afford the rate increase from Verizon (seriously could not afford it).

I explained to her how I'd just previously called and was basically and simply told by the other service rep to call Cable Vision to get my new number first and then call back. No questions about why I was leaving or anything. The reason why I was calling Verizon a second time, was because I realized that I would be keeping my old number, and therefore didn't need a forwarding message, so the cancellation order could be placed today.

Before Ms. E  even considered the thought of cancelling my service, she kindly, politely and enthusiastically asked a simple question- " and why may I ask are you leaving- we've had a long term relationship here and we can't let you go just like that"? (or something to that effect, but brilliant). I explained to her that I just could not afford to pay a $20 per month increase ($10 maybe), when horrible Cable Vision was offering me a $30 discount for two years. Although I looooove Verizon's service, when comparing the two prices, it really just came down to cost- especially when we NEVER use our home phone (I barely know the number), and we only really have cable so that my husband can watch boxing on HBO.

After much deliberation, Ms. E was able to come up with something I could agree with, and I am very happy to say that I am still a Verizon customer- and hope to be one for years to come.

Thank you, thank you, thank you again to Ms. E and all the folks over at Verizon.

Very truly yours,

J. Jones