The Verizon install that never happened....and then wasted hours of my time
MarshmallowMan
Hi, I signed up for your high-speed internet service and phone service through Direct TV last week.  At that time, they had me call             1-800-VERIZON       to schedule an install date.  They said someone had to be home so I worked hard to get a date that would work.  They even called the dispatch office to see if 6/28 worked.  They told me someone would be arriving between 8am and 5pm.  I sent a good 20 minutes on the phone to ensure this all worked out correctly. My wife took a vacation day from work in order to be home to meet your tech. Mid-day Thursday (6/28) I received an email saying my service had been installed....but no one had shown up to do the installation.  So I called             1-800-VERIZON       to see what the deal was.  They said that no one had been there, had me go through an automated 3rd party verification and then hung up..  I called back and was told someone would be to our house by 5pm.  A few minutes later I received an email stating that we were scheduled for installation on 7/2,  I was less than happy to say the least. At 6pm I called             1-800-VERIZON       as we still had not been installed.  They said that another phone number was showing active at the location and that there must have been a mistake and I would not be able to keep our current phone number as requested.  He also said that no one needed to be home because the tech probably just went to the line outside and took care of it, and the internet is to be installed by the customer.  This is totally different than what was told to me on the front end.  I explained this and he said he needed to check something and asked to put me on hold... 15 minutes later I was still on hold.  After waiting, the phone rang to someone in phone line repair who said he knew nothing about my order.  He did not show any phone lines being active at my location and said the order was still pending.  He was very nice and offered to email the sales department and said someone should get back to me by Monday (3+ days from now). The next day (6/29) I received an email saying that my service was activated....but nothing worked. I called             1-800-VERIZON       yet again and spoke to someone in residential (who couldn't help me because apparently my account had been accidentally set up as business).  My account was to be set up as a residential account for my home.  I spoke to some one in business accounts who knew nothing about my account, but said it looked like install would now be 7/2.  I told them to cancel the install as this was way too much trouble for the $10 a month I was to be saving by switching to Verizon services.  They told me I had to speak to some one in the "Disconnect department" in order to do this.  After another 35 minutes on the phone, they confirmed that the account was cancelled and told me they were sending a return shipping label to me so that I could sent back the equipment that had been mailed to me.  This equipment was mailed back to Verizon today. Today (7/2) I received an email stating that my Service has been activated.  Really?? I had cancelled the order and the number that was apparently set up was not a number I had been asked to have set up, but was the one that was apparently set up accidentally last week.  At this point, everything related to Verizon services should be cancelled.  Anything in my name, at my address, related to my SS# or linked to my cell phone number needs to be cancelled.  I will not pay any bills coming from Verizon and have asked your customer services reps to record our conversations in their call logs to track the issue. Needless to say, I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.  This is not the service I expected from your company.  My wife and I have had wireless service with Verizon for years and have had minimal issues.  Her phone contract is up on 7/12 and at this point I doubt she will be looking to continue.  She wasted a whole day, and I wasted a good part of mine at work going through automated menus and waiting on hold, with your company.  I have spent in excess of 6 hours on the phone trying to get the install scheduled, install corrected, and install cancelled.  Knowing this makes me very unhappy, and I will share my experiences with online communities to prevent this from happening to others in the future. I hope someone will call me as soon as possible to remedy the situation. I work in customer service and understand that mistakes do happen.  BUT, when mistakes like this occur, that cost people money and time, I would expect things to be fixed in a more timely manner.  Also I would not expect a potential customer to be bounced around so much and get different answers at every turn.   Can someone who knows something about my account and has authority to fix this debacle?
0 Likes