The ice dancing commercial
Ashlandian

That commercial with the family watching the Olympic events and saying "Yessss" whenever they go into a different room...finally they get to the kitchen and its Ice Dancing in the kitchen and the Dad says "yesss" and everyone looks at him like he's lost his mind.  "I don't know why I said that," he says.

So what is that commercial? Are you less of a man if you watch the ice dancing? Is it homophobic? Because homophobia is so damned funny? What is that about?

I was hoping that the commercial would come down after the Olympics, but oh no....

I don't know what part of that commercial is more offensive. The part where the Dad is always some sort of buffoon or the part where he has to be a man (a MAN, a real MAN -- cause we all know that real men are all straight, uncultured, hockey watchers...I mean, that would have been acceptable, right?)

0 Likes
Re: The ice dancing commercial
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Because if a man likes ice dancing then he must be a homosexual? Straight men can't like it too? (Like, say, a father with a family?) It seems you've slotted yourself into your own narrow-minded category there.

0 Likes