They did not disconnect my service-falsified bill-sent me to collections-lock out my calls!
hpets
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon residential made huge error bills, turned an honest, paying customer into Collection agency, then locked out all phones associated with my account number, so I have no way to contact them!!! No matter what phone I call from, I get sent right to the collection agency!! Here’s my story- any ideas on how to fight this???

Verizon residential is billing me for 2 months + (and still going?!) & also “change in service fee”  for their error in not disconnecting my internet! Verizon rep "Josh" said on 3/16/17 "don't pay anymore yet...wait 6-8wks until final bill generates". During that time the paper bill kept going up (but I didnt have time to look at it- why? b/c of disabilities on top of a string of major life events!). Meanwhile the website showed a credit of $30.

Then I came home from our 2 daughters’ life events, in 2 states, to a collection letter for $150.87!!! 😡

5/26/17: I called Verizon, Miss Jeffers put in retroactive disconnect for the Internet (she gave me a confirmation # that reps REFUSE to take!!! {edited for privacy})-- funny thing is they had shut off the landline & that is against THEIR OWN policy to provide internet w/out landline (Miss Jeffers said “they only shut off your phone & we don’t do that: the internet goes with the landline” )!

I  did realize I made a small mistake when Miss Jeffers showed me where I didn't pay double on my 2 wks late  Feb bill & she approximated I will owe around $38.30. Now looking over my past bills further, I see they charged ME a "requested service change" of $20.62, for supposedly switching to internet only-ha! So that brings down what I may owe to $17.68-if that?

I wanted to take care of that, same day,  with them & have them pull my debt back from collections, & get black mark off my very good credit score! Miss Jeffers said they could bring the little debt back into Verizon and remove the strike from my credit report, so she transferred me to Nathan, in Financial Services, to take care of that.  Nathan did not see her notes in system yet, but he put in more notes & transferred me to Dalphine, (Credit reporting) who could do that. Dalphine said she couldn't pull back any of the bill from collections yet. I'd need to wait a few days until system updated.

I called back 5/30 and now site says I owe $150.87, the 2 direct lines they gave me (Financial Services & Credit reporting) ring busy & main phone line sends my calls directly to the collections agency!!  If I call on my cell, it takes me to Verizon wireless, where I held the last time for 44 minutes before I hung up!
  Here’s a summary of 3.5 hours on phone on 5/30/17:the 2 direct lines I’d been given, rang busy from my landline, so I tried Verizon main number (1-800-837-4966), which sent me directly to Convergent and Anthony {edited for privacy} answered (approx 9:30am). Anthony said “this call is being recorded”.

Next, I called Financial services from my cell phone and spoke with Valerie, who transferred me to credit reporting or recovery. Jolie in credit reporting said she can’t help me, b/c she is in wireless and she transferred me to Residential Billing. Neither rep would take my confirmation # of retroactive disconnect ({edited for privacy}) from Miss Jeffers on 5/26/2017. Jolie transferred me to Ed at 10:25am (sales & service, residential billing). Ed got short with me, then told me to “hold on” and transferred me to Daryll at “EOSCTA” a collections agency. I explained to Daryll that I was trying in good faith to work through this major error with Verizon, the business that is in error affecting my credit & did  not want to talk to a collection agency, because it was an erroneous debt.

At 11:02,  I tried Verizon main # again,from my landline, which sent me directly a girl at Convergent (I didn’t get her name. Then one last call to main Verizon line from my cell and I hung up after 44 minutes.

This is soooo unfair! I paid every month I was with them (& have the documents to prove it!)- only 1 month late (distracted by disabilities & major life event- our daughter's bridal shower), then last mo (8 days into billing cycle) a partial. ( b/c Josh told me to hold off 6-8 wks & not pay anymore)

I've been completely honest & patient (6 hrs on phone so far!!!!!) & I don't call reps names!

How do I fight this???? How did they pick me to violate??  Why won't they even let my landline ring into their company now??? Don't I have a right to see what they put in "their" notes about me- that they won't even let my phone calls get through???

So far, I think just Verizon has violated my rights, not Convergent collections. I’ve filed complaint with the BBB and the PUC!
   Be honest, do right by me and someone respond to this, Verizon!!!

0 Likes
Re: They did not disconnect my service-falsified bill-sent me to collections-lock out my calls!
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi hpets,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes