To Anyone Considering Verizon Services
FFaddic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please read my story and decide for yourself if you want to be involved with a company like this.

I began my service in January of 2012. I only signed up for internet service at the time. The technician came to my apartment and set up the service, though it did seem to take him awhile, but eventually I had internet up and running.

In February, I received 2 bills for the same internet service with completely different account numbers. I immediately call Verizon to fix the issue. The first person to answer "fixed" my issue, however broke my internet in the process. This was after about 10 minutes into the conversation. I remained on the phone and spoke to no less than 6 representatives and was on the phone for a total of about 8 hours that day. The result was that the first 2 accounts had to be closed, and a brand new account was created and the internet service tied to that. The internet finally worked again after 8 hours of being transferred and re-explaining myself each time.

Shortly after this, I figured that was a one-time debacle and decided to upgrade to a triple bundle of Phone, TV, and Internet. I wish I hadn't. March came and I received 3 bills. The original first 2 accounts were never closed so I received 3 different bills with 3 different account numbers. I called Verizon yet again and explained the situation. After about 2 hours, I was assured the original 2 accounts were zero'ed out and cancelled. At this point, they actually were, finally.

Fast forward to late May/early June. I went online to pay my verizon wireless bill and was prompted with a message that I was enrolled in the One-Bill program. I found this curious as I never took steps to enroll.  I called Verizon expressing my concern and they assured me that I was indeed enrolled, but all of my bills were up to date. This was fine with me, as I planned to enroll in the One-Bill proram eventually anyway. 2 weeks later I received a letter letting me know I was un-enrolled from the One-Bill program. Thanks Verizon!

Here I am in July with yet another problem. Sometime during the course of June (possibly when I called about the One-Bill issue), Verizon decided it was time to give me an upgrade in service. Of course this was not free, they just decided that I wanted to upgrade my TV and internet service without first consulting me, causing my bill to be about $15-20 more this month. I'm sure I will be on the phone with Verizon yet again for several hours this evening about this issue, because the first representative can never resolve the issue and managers are non-existant (I've had representatives tell me that there are no managers).

While I will say that the TV and internet services themselves are excellent and I have yet to have any major problems with them, I urge anyone thinking about purchasing Verizon services to reconsider. The amount of times you will have to call customer service is not worth the product you receive.

EDIT: I would also like to add that I previously posted one of my complaints on the forums and was told that a support representative will be contacting me. This contact never happened. I will not hold my breath if the same thing is told to me this time.

0 Likes
Re: To Anyone Considering Verizon Services
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

A support agent sent you a PM after the original issue was escalated.

Please check your Private Message Inbox. It should look like this -->> 

0 Likes
catcrazy53

I am considering Verizon again.  I had the triple play for about 2 years and then switched back to Cablevision in April.  Cablevision salesperson told me they made a lot of improvements to their service, so I went back. That was a lie, because Cablevsion is just as horrible as it always was.  So I decided to switch back to Verizon.  I called them on June 16, 2012 and got an installation date of July 5th--took the day off of work for this.  My plan was to include free multi room DVR for life.  On July 1st someone from the programming dept called me and told me there was a problem with my phone part of the order--the digital voice.  Apparently because there is an existing phone line in the house ,( NOT in my name, NOT my bill, NOT my phone, belongs to my 93 year old father who lives in a separate apartment in my house) they could not process that part of the order.  But the Verizon rep told me she would work on it and still try for the July 5th install date and she would call me back.  Well---NO call back.  So Tuesday evening, July 3rd, I call the 800 number again and get someone in Buffalo, NY.  Tell him the whole story--he was helpful-- told me I couldn't get the same package because it was no longer available.  I disagreed, since it was NOT my fault they screwed up to begin with.  He spoke to the ELITE Dept and they were able to get me back the original plan.  He said he would call me on Thurs, July 5th to finalize everything and try to get me a install date for Sat. July 7th.  He gave me his supervisors phone #.  He did call me back on Thurs, but there was a problem with an old outstanding bill (another whole story--they sent me a final bill back in May, but apparently it wasn't actually the FINAL FINAL bill).  Anyway, I straightened that out and paid the bill.  Waited for the customer service rep from Buffalo to call me back.  Never did.  Called the supervisor number  4 times--always voicemail.  Left four messages.  NO call back.  Called the 800 number again today, figured I'd start over again , but the rep I spoke to on Long Island told me I could not get the free multi room DVR since the promotion was over.  Told her the ELITE team got it for me just yesterday, but no one called me back to complete the order.  She said it was impossible to get---I can place an order and AFTER installation then I could see what they could do.  What a JOKE.  AFTER INSTALLATION!!!!  Asked to speak to a supervisor---no one available--they could call me back in 48 hours.  Verizon screwed up the original order and 3 people dropped the ball---and I am not entitled to the original promotion that was supposed to be installed yesterday!!!  NEVER have I seen such TERRIBLE customer service.  No one wants to listen or help.  I guess they really don't care about signing up new customers or getting old ones back again.  There is NEVER any one in charge that can help.  BEWARE!!!!!!!  I hate Cablevsion, but at least their customer service is better.  Guess I have to stay with them, because Verizon doesn't want to honor my order, even though they dropped the ball. So everyone, THINK before you get involved with Verizon.  Worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

0 Likes
FFaddic
Enthusiast - Level 2

KaLin,

I assume you mean this message?

"I apologize for the bad experience with our billing/sales dept. We would like to help investigate the matter and get it rectified. If you are interested in us pursuing the matter for you please fill out your account information on our secure form http://www22.verizon.com/onecms/verizonsupport?ID=​FFaddic-forums-Lee_vz and reply back. We will get right on it."

You are correct, I apologize. I was contacted after (I thought) I had resolved my issue by calling on my own and never filled out this form. Would you suggest clicking this link and filling out this form, calling in and wasting another few hours, or waiting for a new representative to contact me? I would like to follow the path least likely to make me need to add another paragraph to my story.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

FFaddic,

Please fill out the form and a support agent will get back to you.  

@FFaddic wrote:

KaLin,

I assume you mean this message?

"I apologize for the bad experience with our billing/sales dept. We would like to help investigate the matter and get it rectified. If you are interested in us pursuing the matter for you please fill out your account information on our secure form http://www22.verizon.com/onecms/verizonsupport?ID=​FFaddic-forums-Lee_vz and reply back. We will get right on it."

You are correct, I apologize. I was contacted after (I thought) I had resolved my issue by calling on my own and never filled out this form. Would you suggest clicking this link and filling out this form, calling in and wasting another few hours, or waiting for a new representative to contact me? I would like to follow the path least likely to make me need to add another paragraph to my story.

0 Likes
FFaddic
Enthusiast - Level 2

4 days later and still no contact. I wouldn't expect any correspondence over the weekend, but that's still about 48 business hours of no contact. I didn't think I'd get help on the forums; I'm fully expecting to have to call to resolve this issue. I just want this post to educate those who may be considering Verizon as to the level of service they will receive. I intend to fully document all of my experiences, both good and bad, of dealing with Verizon.

0 Likes
catcrazy53

This was the message I got a few days ago to my post:

Your message has been escalated to a support case by a support agent on the Verizon Community.

You can view your support cases by clicking here

Thank you for being a Verizon Community member!

Your Verizon Community team

I followed the link, and filled out the form.  It said someone would get back to me in one business day.  Guess what???

No one has contacted me.  I filled out the form again just a few minutes ago.  I am not holding my breath.

I tried calling the usual 800 number, and no one would help me with my problem.

TERRIBLE!!

0 Likes
FFaddic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

I called Tuesday night to have this taken care of, since I had not been contacted yet. The first representative changed my bundle back to what it was supposed to be and then transferred me to the billing department to fix the extra charge. The billing department was apparently closed at this time (8PM EST). I found this hard to believe as they must have west coast clients and it would only be 5PM EST over there. So I called back again and spoke to another representative that issued a credit for the difference but said it would take approximately 2 billing cycles to appear. She assured me I could pay $15 less on this bill and I would not accrue a late fee.

Wednesday morning I received a call from Verizon stating a representative would be calling me later that day. Shortly after, a representative from the escalation team contacted me and went over my issues with me. As is to my understanding, from this point on I have a single point of contact for all of my issues. This is a sufficient resolution to my concerns at this time.

For anyone that has been following this, I am not trying to tell you to whether to go with Verizon or not. I am merely giving you the experience I had so that you can make your own decision. The above reflects the customer service aspect that I have dealt with. I can say that as of now I am currently very happy with both the price and the product (Internet speed, tv reception, etc...).

Frank_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi FFaddic,

I am sorry you want to cancel your services. The form you filled out did not have any account information in it for us to locate your account. Can you please fill it out one more time and put in your phone number and your address.

Thanks,

Frank_VZ

0 Likes