Re: To Lowell McAdam CEO of Verizon
M213
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a problem with my email which is through Verizon.  I am a Verizon triple plan user, ie Internet, phone and cable.  Last year my total billings to Verizon exceeded $3,000 and yet i cannot get a simple technical support question answered by your company.  I called the number listed and after 5 minutes of choosing options, being asked at least 6 times along the way if i didn't want to just drop this call and go find an answer on the web.  I persisted and finaly got a customer service agent who had nothing to do with tech support;  she connected me to another department who also had nothing to do with techsupport and when I politely but firmly expressed my frustration to her, she told me 3 times how understanding she was and she would see to it that I got to the right department and then do you know what she did.........  connected me back the to 800 number where I had started in the first place.  IS THIS WHAT YOU CALL SERVICE?  I am now giving up and calling Apple.  They will undoubtably be able to answer my Verizon email question better than anyone I have so far been able to find at Verizon.   

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@M213 wrote:

I have a problem with my email which is through Verizon.  I am a Verizon triple plan user, ie Internet, phone and cable.  Last year my total billings to Verizon exceeded $3,000 and yet i cannot get a simple technical support question answered by your company.  I called the number listed and after 5 minutes of choosing options, being asked at least 6 times along the way if i didn't want to just drop this call and go find an answer on the web.  I persisted and finaly got a customer service agent who had nothing to do with tech support;  she connected me to another department who also had nothing to do with techsupport and when I politely but firmly expressed my frustration to her, she told me 3 times how understanding she was and she would see to it that I got to the right department and then do you know what she did.........  connected me back the to 800 number where I had started in the first place.  IS THIS WHAT YOU CALL SERVICE?  I am now giving up and calling Apple.  They will undoubtably be able to answer my Verizon email question better than anyone I have so far been able to find at Verizon.   

If you had actually provided some information about the issue, someone here could most likely provide assistance. Since you haven't, I hope Apple is successful in resolving your issue.

sheba16327us

on saturday 8/10 @ apprx 8:00 am I called verizon to report a problem with my line (not the fiber optic) customer services stated that the earliest someone could come out was Tues 8/13 between 1 pm - 5pm, I explained that I have a elderly mother that is home by herself because I work 12 hour shifts and my mother is home by herself she also has many medical problems.they told me there is nothing they could do. That afternoon 8/10 I received a call from a rep. stating they may be able to come out that afternoon, that did not happen, then I was told they moved me up to Monday between 1 pm - 5 pm I waited called was told that someone was still coming wasted my only day off for the the next 5 days!!!! when I called after 5 pm I was told oh no you are scheduled for Tuesday when they looked at my account it stated Monday 1 - 5  when the respresentive called dispatch they state they never received the change!! I also was told that verizon does not have to fix my phone if I do not change to fios telephone. I know what customer serviced did they put that on the account so I wouldn't be bothering them another words putting me OFF. I called dpc and they say that is not true, that is only the verizon policy and verizon still has to maintain the line.  dpc also stated that they would investigate if the problem wasn't resolved. . I am disappointed and hurt, I have had verizon for years, first through my parents then me. I would appreciate better services and less lies, also I am not planning to change my phone line so the trick they pull sending out the repair man and him stating he was told to change the line when you say no the repairman states thats what he was told. I am tired of all these gimmicks, now today its raining so  I am sure they will not be out today either. 4 days with no service.  I tried being nice the first 2 times but then frustration builds up, especially when your getting the run around!

0 Likes
need2switch

Mr. McAdam,

I am writing to let you know of the terrible customer service your organization has.  I no longer have the patience, and more importantly, energy to battle your organization.  As a business owner, voice communications are paramount to our success.  However, Verizon has repeatedly failed to consistently provide a level of service that allows us to be successful.  Over the years, we have mainly migrated away from Verizon and to your competitors.

Most recently, in October of 2012, I requested cancellation of the majority of our telephone lines.  I followed every Verizon protocol for doing so.  However, to this day, some lines are still active.  To make matters worse, I still have not received credit for the cancellation of these lines.  Since it appears we owe Verizon money, about every 45 days I receive automated calls from your collection folks and in fact, service on my remaining 8 lines has been suspended for non payment on at least 4 occasions.  But, Mr. McAdam, I do not owe you any money.

I am tired.  You win.  You have worn me out.  I no longer care to fight you.  I capitulate.  But, I will not pay you any more.  As an entrepreneur, I will find a way to communicate with my customers.  I will do it today.  However, it will NOT be with Verizon.  My goal is simple, to be 100% non dependent on Verizon as soon as possible.

So, you win.  But actually, you lose.  But, I am sure you could care less.

Have a great day sir.

Thank you.

Regards,

Steve {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
kris02910

I have had Verizon for 3 years now and in all honestly, I am horrified by the quality of customer service provided by this company.  There has almost never been a time when I wasn't experiencing some billing issue with the company and it seems as if I'm having to file complaints at least on an annual basis, usually more often.  Reviewing these message boards and browsing the internet I find that I am not alone regarding my disgust with the training customer service representatives receive and the lack of regard they show for patrons.

I write now because I recently elected, regretfully so, to give Verizon another chance and to renew my 2-year contract (something I already wish I hadn't done).  When I did this, I had a 50% off HBO credit that was good through March 28, 2014.  However, when I received my next bill the credit was gone and I was charged full price.  Immediately upon noticing this I contacted customer service and was told that they would re-instate the 50% off credit through March.  They did not offer to reimburse me for the current bill in which they charged me full price.  After some haggling, they finally agreed to do so, but for a multimilion dollar company that supposedly has oodles of customer service representatives, I find the fact that I had to haggle over something that was no error of mine disappointing.  When I received my bill for the following month, the reimbursement for the full price I paid the month prior showed up but my 50% off credit (which again, is supposed to go through March) STILL DID NOT SHOW UP ON MY BILL. 

Even after speaking with a customer service representative who told me the credit had been reinstated, I was still being charged full price.  Which means that customer service employees are either poorly trained and unable to adequately prepared to use the system OR blatantly lying when they say they are updating my account.  Either way, I find this again to be a poor example of customer service.

Again, I had to speak with a customer service representative to remedy this issue.  I was told that they would credit me for the amount I paid this month and ensure the discount was reinstated for my next billing cycle.  Yet, I am obviously skeptical based on my track record with Verizon's customer service.  I asked customer service for contact information for the CEO to issue a letter of complaint and was denied.  I was told I could speak with a supervisor but was then told he/she was "busy."  As someone who trained in PR and customer service I can't believe how poorly your company provides for its customer base.  In exchange for the time and effort it has taken me (and the fact that it was VERIZON'S error), I requested that my 50% discount be extended.  Other companies with decent customer service policies would do this in recognition of the inconvenience caused to the customer and in effort to get back in a patron's good graces and enhance their word-of-mouth reputation.  However, when I made this request to Verizon it was refused.

In all honesty, I know I am stuck with this company for another two years, but unless something changes significantly with the way you (Verizon) treat your customers, than I can honestly say I will have to say it will take some SERIOUS convincing to persuade me to renew my contract again. 

0 Likes
PPM2
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am so very angry that your company provided the government my records without a search warrant and or my consent. What you are doing is unconstitutional! I am hereby giving you notice to cease this practice immediately!
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Uh, there was a warrant issued by the secret court.  We can argue over whether that court is legal, but not over Verizon complying with the court order.

0 Likes