To Lowell McAdam
Calpurnia
Enthusiast - Level 1
I strongly agree with the previous post about customer service and billing. When my husband died 6 months ago, I began my long term relationship with verizon. For years verizon had my husband's name spelled incorrectly and I wanted to change and put the account in my name. Firstly, they wanted copies of my drivers license which was rejected by them 5 times, picture too dark, different spelling of last name (of course, that was my first reason for calling). Finally got a bill in my name after a credit check and a bill for $366. My dead husband got a bill with a $176 credit. I was told that I would get a check for the 176 made out to a deceased person with a wrong name. When I asked how I was to cash it, was told it was a bank problem and they couldn't credit my "new" account even though my 366 reflected my bill plus my husband's. Sent the check in for 366 and a week later started getting calls that my bill was delinquent and pay by computer and the overpay would be credited. So now I have paid verizon $732 instead of the usual $180 bill and my deceased husband will get a check for $176 with his name incorrect. Of everything I have had to deal with after losing my husband, verizon is the WORST!
Re: To Lowell McAdam
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: To Lowell McAdam
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad we were able to get that get that payment reversed. We have closed the private support thread due to you no longer responding. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes