To Verizon: extremely annoyed w/ daily bombardment of mailings; but forced to go w/ paperless bill!
lizza22pizza

I know my issue cannot be solved in this forum, but I am interested in other users' opinions.  I do hope that someone in authority at Verizon will see this message.

I receive postal mail from Verizon almost daily, enticing me to buy, try, or upgrade.  Talk about a waste of baby trees!  BUT, I cannot receive a monthly bill from Verizon unless I deactivate my auto-pay service.

Verizon is the ONLY utility I know of that won't let you sign up for auto-pay unless you also go paperless.  So, I'm being punished for being responsible and automatically paying my bill. 

I think anyone can understand why I'm so annoyed about the bombardment of snail mail from Verizon.  I cringe every time I get something in the mail from them-- and I will NEVER, repeat NEVER sign up for any of the offerings.

I would switch to another carrier in a minute-- but they are the only landline provider in my area.  I have seriously considered going without a phone because I am so annoyed!!!!

Smoke signals, anyone??

0 Likes
Re: To Verizon: extremely annoyed w/ daily bombardment of mailings; but forced to go w/ paperless bi
lizza22pizza

I'm curious about the opinion of other Verizon customers on this issue.

I can't get Verizon to send me a monthly paper bill, because I signed up for Auto-pay.  Yet, I get mail from them every week trying to get me to sign up for some new feature or service.

Isn't it hypocritical to force me to "save the trees" when they are using them up like crazy??

0 Likes
Re: To Verizon: extremely annoyed w/ daily bombardment of mailings; but forced to go w/ paperless bi
prisaz
Legend

Solution cancel autopay and ask for a paper bill. Trees or no trees. Autopay could really be a hassle if something were to show up on your bill that you disagree with.

If you are really concerned about being green, disable the paper bill and go paperless, and Verizon will send an Email reminder when your bill is ready..

Pay the bill only when you see it, and agree that it is what you expect. Safest thing to do.

Other options are to go the direct marketing association route. But if you have bought anything form a vendor, they can still send you mail.

Read this and it is all about revenue and issues regarding lost dollars if the junk was to stop.

http://www.the-dma.org/nonprofitfederation/CRS_Do_Not_Mail_Report.pdf

Makes me sick. Like the don't build green cars theory because it would hurt the oil companies. Errr!

0 Likes
mrducks

I agree about the waste of paper & unnecessary postage expense -- I too receive at least two mailings a week re FIOS availabilty.  I have had multiple salespeople walk up my driveway to talk about FIOS, and I have seen Verizon advertisements in other publications.  One would have to be brain dead at this point to not know about FIOS. 

Verizon's marketing executives should consider their personal impact on the environment -- because of their decision to market via the mailings, they have negatively impacted the environment.  They have also created ill will; I am sure I am not alone in thinking that at this point I won't switch in spite of the marketing.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@mrducks wrote:

I agree about the waste of paper & unnecessary postage expense -- I too receive at least two mailings a week re FIOS availabilty.  I have had multiple salespeople walk up my driveway to talk about FIOS, and I have seen Verizon advertisements in other publications.  One would have to be brain dead at this point to not know about FIOS. 

Verizon's marketing executives should consider their personal impact on the environment -- because of their decision to market via the mailings, they have negatively impacted the environment.  They have also created ill will; I am sure I am not alone in thinking that at this point I won't switch in spite of the marketing.

No. Given the chance I would do it all again. Regardless of the marketing, but not because of it. I have been re thinking my priorities lately, but I do believe FIOS rules. The bigest decision I have been considering is dropping voice service. I have 4 cell phones I pay for, and like many have done, I may drop the home voice line also.

0 Likes