Total dishonesty ....
PNyles

Well where do i start, i think fios is very expensive just to watch tv. I'm looking at the options and i just can't do more than 200 a month. I'm really just thinking of going back to optimum. They pay for any penalties. They gave us 15 dvr recordings simultaneously as a default. Now i would have to add 30 bucks just to get to 12 ? That's just not right. Then when it comes to the tv packages i think theres some real dishonesty going on here. Fios watches channel usage for 30 days then put together 7 packs where not one of them include the all the channels we prefer. So im now forced to pick enhanced to get all we like for another 20 bucks. Or the top pack that of course fios recommends in the end. I'm sure this is offered to everyone, that's how they have it designed, very dishonest. Then i think maybe i could save a few bucks a month by going with a lesser internet speed. But it cost more to downgrade, really ? So i'm already paying 189, the way its designed i MUST at least go with the 20 dollar enhanced and 30 bucks more for the 12 dvr. 250 a month ? Oh and also, on my account it says i have till Feb 10th to decide but in an email i recieved it says if i don't pick a package by Jan. 31st that a package will be picked for me. Huh ? Im felling as rushed as i was when i first signed up. The person on the online chat threw a deal at me and than stated you have to hurry as this deal will end in minutes. I said, your not even giving me time to discuss this with my family, who was right there with me. The person said " well take your time but hurry up " huh ? This is crazy and a very dishonest, uncomfortable  business dealing.

0 Likes
Re: Total dishonesty ....
PNyles

Oh and looking at the list of channels we supposedly watched over the last 30 days, it ha Showtime as the 2nd most watched channel at 61 hrs. I asked if anyone in our house even watches showtime at all. My son said he watched it maybe in passing if a good movie was on. But 61 hours ? Not a chance. I believe that they threw that in to justify there recommendation for the top package. And here is the email they sent me, notice the last paragraph. "May include premium channels" Wow, this is a scam or something.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

One possibility is that if someone was watching a show on Showtime and then turned the TV off, Verizon would continue to show that you are watching Showtime (or any other channel).

As for DVR recordings, each provider has their own business plan as to what to offer as default and what to charge extra for.

Verizon has two choices for TV packages.

They have their custom package where they group like channels together.
Or they have the more traditional tiers.
A lot of what they can offer is regulated by the contracts they have with content providers (some will require a channel to be in certain packages or that they be grouped together)

0 Likes
Crucible

don't get me started.  its amazing what people have to endure for top notch home entertainment, which in reality is 10% entertaining, 90% **bleep**, and 100% a headache.

gee, that HD screen is so beautiful. Great, so you can watch crappy shows in HD.  There is nothing on - i hear the best home entertainment is Netflix.

0 Likes