Transferring services and double billing...has it happened to you?
12yearcustomer1

I moved back in September of 2013. My goal was to keep all of my Verizon services (FIOS, Phone, Internet &Wireless) and continue to remain a happy Verizon customer, I am still a customer but not that happy,

Prior to our move we had been a one bill customer (not a good thing as you will alter see). We set up the installation date to the new location, made sure all of our balances were paid in full, and moved into our new address.

The first week we were in our new location we were patiently waiting for Verizon to show up and turn on the cable, internet and phone. However when the date came we got a call. Sorry we can't do it. The reason was that we needed to create new accounts for home services and a separate account for wireless services, because Onebill was no longer offered and since we had a new address, it needed to be changed. Frustrated after spending 2 hours on the phone, on a Saturday, trying to figure out what we could do so we could get on line, we realized all we could do was wait. The technician came 4 days later to drop off a new router...that was it a new router. Ok we got past that and Verizon apologized for the miscommunication and the frustration of waiting for nearly 2 weeks to restore our service (which we were billed for and paid).

Fast forward to January 3, 2014. After months of paying my newly created accounts, I received a bill, with no summary of charges for $604. This bill was forwarded from our former address. I looked a the bill checked my new separate accounts, made sure we were paid  in full for both home and wireless and then proceeded to call Verizon to figure out what was going on.

I have spent every week since January 2014 working on getting this resolved. That is 6 month, or 24 weeks, or 156 days without getting any definitive information on what the $604 charge is for.

I have been told that it looks like it was a wireless charge. Great send me the bill so I can see what the charges are for. Verizon has been unable to do that, because the account was closed in September and was an Onebill account.  I asked when are the charges from...I have been told that they were from November and December of 2013. 2 & 3 months after I closed my former Onebill account and opened new wireless and home accounts.

I have called (this is an underestimation) 23 times, spent a total of more than 25 hours on the phone and still here we are…no information, no resolution.

I have however received 2 different collection notices even though I have been told by both FIOS and Wireless that my accounts are in good standing and one even has a credit for paying early.

I have been placed on hold for hours, transferred to incorrect departments, dealt with entry level, middle management and senior management. I have had my claim flagged and raised to Diamond status...still nothing.

...except...

I received an email a few weeks back asking me to provide my bank records to prove I have paid my bill. to which I replied...which ones? The new separate accounts that your accounting system has told both you and I that my accounts are paid in full, or the random $604 (supposedly) wireless bill that I have no record of what the charges are for.

This is what I get for trying to remain Verizon customer? Countless hours of frustration for having my entire house and my families wireless with Verizon. I am paying close to $5500 per year for the "privilege" of being a loyal Verizon customer.

If anyone at Verizon monitors this board feel free to contact me directly..it will the first time someone has. 

0 Likes
Re: Transferring services and double billing...has it happened to you?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Transferring services and double billing...has it happened to you?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

12yearcustomer,

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes